Spot and Stalk Trad Archery Black Bear Hunt

Hunted with Primitive Outfitting May 19-26. Found this bear on Day 6 and stalked it for about a mile. It caught us crouching on a small bridge when it unexpectedly stepped back out onto the road. After it made it to the tree line, my guide woofed it back out to the bushes between the tree line and the road. It finally went up a tree right at the tree line. Only shot I had was straight up from the base of the tree. Bear did not land in my lap. Two more shots brought it down. It started to climb down but then fell the last 10 feet. It took two steps and collapsed and then let out a soft death moan.

Black Bear Osso Bucco. MeatEater recipe.

TradAg02

Lil-Rokslider
Congratulations. Way to get it done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
T
Congratulations! That is a great looking bear. What was your bow/arrow set up?
60” Cari-bow Slynx. Reflex deflex long bow. Kingwood and pay ferro riser with Kingwood limb Veneers with a ribbon slice into walnut burl. Ebony overlay on riser. 52 lbs at 28”.

Arrows were Gold Tip Kinetic (9.5 gr per inch) at full length, 30”. 400 spine. Inserts were 12.5 or 25 grain aluminum inserts. 250 grain VPA three blade broadhead. 5” parabolic feathers with a 7” wrap. Total weight of 598 grains at about 171 fps.