Spot burners?

Should mods lock posts about specific units/areas?

• Yes

Votes: 35 25.2%
  • No

Votes: 105 75.5%

• Total voters

Ucsdryder

WKR
Would you be in favor of mods locking any thread that asks questions about a specific unit/area? With as many people looking at posts on rokslide now, I cringe everytime I see someone ask about a specific unit. So it’s a simple poll, yes or no?

amassi

WKR
If its the OPs first 10 posts, in a limited entry zone and they have no idea where to start and are asking for advice then they should be banned and their ip address sold to chinese hackers, otherwise no.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I don’t see why. Let the market decide. If a new member asks ‘I just drew X tag in state YZ, where are all the big bulls’ they rarely get any info, usually they just get called out. If someone wants to have intelligent discussion, that’s different.

No need to make mods take on another thankless job

No.Mods only control things here. I am willing to bet the flatbill bro crowd running Insta for the likes burn more spots than anything so giving the mods extra work for no reason seems kind of pointless to me.

Rich M

WKR
"He said the unit # that I hunted in 3 years ago - dude, you're giving away MY SPOT! Stop talking about units - you're ruining it for everyone! :censored:" LOL!

Half, maybe more, maybe a lot more of the reason you can't draw a tag these days is because of these boards.

Hi William - remember about the population increases and the lack of opportunity elsewhere. Folks are traveling west to hunt just to do something more exciting than hunting a 400-acre public woodlot with 12 other guys. Can't really blame them. Much of the old hunting land has been developed and the hunting lease prices are thru the roof. I can go west for almost the same as it costs to hunt locally. In FL we either lease or get to fight over 3-5 day public land quota hunts and you/I would do well to get 1 permit per year, it's pretty sad. We even have quota for ducks and doves and quail. I'm on a 3-5 year rotation, archery, ML, rifle - trying to get it to only have a 1 year gap between hunts but so far it's been 2 yrs between quota permits - that's 2 years without hunting while waiting to go hunt for 3 to 5 days. That's my reasoning to go west... more excitement, lifetime experience, fun, and lousy local opportunities.

Another 3-5 years for a decent antelope tag... Gonna go for mule deer in another year or so, 0-1 pt unit but we have a plan... ;)

Brendan

WKR
Whats it matter most will tell them to get their boots on and go pound dirt, let the moderators do their job.

The moderators have real jobs. It's not their job to spend their time patrolling this site for you.

With that said, I am definitely for locking / deleting threads that get posted by someone brand new posting specific locations within a unit.

I'm okay with Unit questions. I really feel like there's so many of those posts, that the information isn't going to be any good anyways until you take it to PM's.

sndmn11

WKR
Anyone who thinks they have secret spots, should be skilled enough to know that hunting is about the hunter, and not gear or spots. Just look at the bulk of threads on this forum; 95% are about gear, 2% are spam from the Chinese, 2% are about tactics and skill, and the last 1% are about politics.

I am an outstanding fly fisherman and can watch someone pound a "spot" for a few hours with no success and then walk in behind them and catch fish. Conversely, I am a sub-par hunter and still learning the skills needed to be successful in a consistent basis. I could care less about "spots", and know that when I put the skills together they will translate to most any "spot".