Spot burners?

Should mods lock posts about specific units/areas?

• Yes

Votes: 35 25.2%
  • No

Votes: 105 75.5%

• Total voters

Gobbler36

WKR
So if I have my "spot" that I put work into finding. You put work into finding your "spot." They just so happen to be the exact same spot...whose is it? Is it mine? Because if its mine then I should be free to do what I want with it. I can tell anyone that I want to because its my "spot." If its yours...well how is it yours? I found it too. If I choose to tell my buddy about that spot and he goes in there, did he ruin your "spot"? It was my spot too and I can choose to tell people if I want too.

Dont want people to know about your spot, keep your mouth shut. If someone else tells someone about you spot, suck it up and move on. If its on public land, there is no such thing as your "spot", period. If you want to argue that people shouldnt be able to talk about my "spot", your "spot", or jimmys "spot", you better be able to define what a "spot" is and who owns it.
Never once did I say I owned any “spot” dude
I don’t think you understand my point so no reason to further discuss.

I imagine that you guys saying just to have the info plastered everywhere are the first to have a big long sigh when you see a bunch of trucks at the trailhead

good luck everyone on their hunts.

3forks

WKR
How many posts do you see on Rokslide where people advise others to find elk where people won’t, or don‘t go?

However, it looks like from the results of the poll and the comments in this thread, that most don‘t want threads locked that give specifics on where to find elk. So... hunt where you won’t find other hunters, but let me give you and anyone who has access to the Internet tips or even specifics on where to go?

Just because a GMU is expansive doesn’t mean there are elk everywhere in it - and with as crowded as units are getting - advising people to hunt areas without people yet directing them to those same areas seems counterintuitive.

BuzzH

WKR
The various GF agencies release, for the whole world to see, the draw odds from year to year in every unit in every western state.

Think your "spots" or "hunting units" are a secret?

Eastmans, go-hunt, epic, huntin' fool, etc. etc. etc. break it down in even more detail from there...

Still think your spots or hunting areas are a secret?

Gobbler36

WKR
I’ve posted this pic before, but I think you just need to look at skiing to see what affect a significant increase in participants can have on a limited resource.

How many of these skiers waiting to get on the gondola do you think thought this line was worth enduring?

This pic is from a big powder day in Vail. For anyone who doesn’t know, when a ski area receives more snow than others - it makes a lot of people want to ski there because the conditions at that mountain on that day are going to be best. I don’t think publicizing a unit on the Internet is whole lot different from people watching the snow report and seeing Vail got a 18” of new snow... You’re going to have a whole lot more people going there.

Also, for the sake of argument, I don’t think anyone really claims ownership of Vail as their spot/or mountain, but I would bet that is the favorite ski area for a lot of people in this pic. I mention that, because I see a lot of posts talking about “spots”, and it’s always in the terms of ownership. I think people take that too literally.

View attachment 215499

Had to pull this pic and reply from another thread in the elk forum related to the same subject, sure I don’t own any spots and have never claimed them as mine but sure as shit don’t want to see anyone’s hunting area or my own turn into this. So yeah i guess keep blasting all your free info and come hunt the west bs if you want something similar to this