Spot-Hog or AXT

tangsrud

FNG
I have ordered a new G5 Primal Shift LR bow...
Now...
I am in the market for a new archery sight - I am trying to decide between the Spot-Hog or AXT?
In the past I have been a fan of Spot-Hog, however, I have seen J.Peak representing AXT and I cannot help but to notice AXT's Optifade products!
For those of you have experience with both brands, what are your thoughts?
I am looking for a 5 pin set up like the AXT Primal XD or the Spot-Hog Real Deal...Below are links..

http://www.archerxtreme.com/primal-xd.html
http://www.spot-hogg.com/bowsights.html

-Adam

To me...its not a question. If you are going to shoot fixed pins...SPOT HOGG everyday of the year. I am Hunter fan when I run fixed pins.

OR Archer

WKR
those AXT sights are junk in my opinion and way over priced. go with Spot Hogg. Built like a tank and the adjustments are easy and they stay put.

Spot Hogg all the way. It sounds like one of your favorite features of the AXT sight is the Opti-fade. Not a reason to choose a sight. I don't think the AXT is junk, but it isn't nearly as rugged as a Spot Hogg. I'm with Evan, I like the Hunter models for the second and third axis adjustability.

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I took a hard fall on my Spot Hogg - Tommy Hogg. All my weight with bow in hand, landed right on the pin frame on a big boulder (slipped on some ice). It was hard enough that I decided to hike over a mile back to the truck afterward because I didn't want to risk wounding or missing a big buck I was chasing. Surprisingly the impact was only off about 2" at 50 yards. Left a nasty mark on the frame, but dialed it right back in and went hunting. My weekend would probably have been over with a lot of sights. I've never used an AXT, but I can speak for the ruggedness of the Spot Hogg. Killed a deer at 76 yards the next day - 1 arrow.

ckleeves

WKR
I would look for a used Hunter Hogg it on Archery talk. They pop up all the time I have bought 2 a 5 pin and a 7 pin and the most I have paid is 150 bucks shipped.

velvetfvr

WKR
Spot hogg is the answer. Love them! Durable, easy to adjust and made from a company with a top notch CS!

OP
T

tangsrud

FNG
Wow, overwhelming preference for Spot-Hogg!!!
I agree with everyone that Spot-Hogg is very rugged, I have never had to worry about my Spot-Hogg Real Deal sight.
So...
I ordered a Spot-Hogg Hunter today!
Thank you all for your help in selecting a sight, I agree that just because the AXT was in Optifade it should not be my reason for choosing a sight. Proven performance and durability from Spot-Hogg is certainly well known!

Thanks again,
-Adam

MBurrows

FNG
I am selling a 3 pin Tommy Hogg RH .10 for $165 shipped. Only reason is that I have 2 and only need 1. Go with a Spot Hogg!

Battle

Lil-Rokslider
If there is one thing that should be on everyone's bow, it is a Spot-Hogg sight.

Above Timber

Lil-Rokslider
If there is one thing that should be on everyone's bow, it is a Spot-Hogg sight.

I could not agree more this this statement great sight. I have been shooting the same sight for seven years with no issues. I did upgrade the sight when the pin wrap came out. It has been rained on, snowed on, dropped, snagged on trees… and is still going strong.

NWHunter

FNG
Spott Hogg all the way. Great customer service and bulletproof sights. I have both the Real Deal and the Right On. I like the adjustment of the Real Deal but like the Smaller housing on my Right On. Hunting the brush of the Oregon coast I've never had a problem with either sight.

GRAYLIGHT

FNG
Another Spott Hogg fan here! Hogg-it Hunter, 7 pin, hogg wrapped with the new bullet proof pins... Bad A$$ all the way.