Spot Hogg Double pin

Ace12

Lil-Rokslider
Anybody use a spot Hogg double pin? Thinking about upgrading my scope on my Hogg father for one.

Kay9Cop

FNG
I have one on one of my bows in a Fast Eddie. Honestly, the sight I love the most is my Apex Covert Pro with the LED dot. The sight picture is so clear and uncluttered. I haven't found the need to quickly use the second dot when hunting. In most cases I have time to re-dial. I'm considering switching the scope to a Spot Hogg Spark.

CJF

WKR
Love mine. Killed a bull with the second pin last year. It would have been a guessed holdover had I only had the single.

Joe Holden

Lil-Rokslider
I ran it last year on a fast setup (313 fps, 450 grn total). With the top pin set at 30, the bottom was about 48 and was perfect for pretty much everything. Low for under 30, above the level for 60ish. If you have a longer shot, you'll have time to dial (usually).

In relation to the pointer accurately giving me yardage for both pins, i marked my own sight tape so yes. I went this route because I felt the S.H. tapes were a couple yards off. That may have been user error as well.

Twiser13

FNG
Just finally put my sight tape on this week. 500 grain setup at 75 lbs. Pointers are accurately set out to 60. Haven't shot further yet. Plenty of different sight tapes come with sight to get properly setup.

RF41

FNG
Wondering if they are going to come out with a triple pin in the next couple years

sndmn11

WKR
Can someone with the double pin take an accurate caliper measurement of the distance from dot to dot on the actual post? Or pop their double pointer off to hold up against the dots and see if you used the two points on the pointer as the caliper if that is the correct distance?

My wife got her new/first bow yesterday. She had ordered a three pin fast eddie but spot hogg is still a few weeks behind on delivery. The bow shop had a double pin fast eddie, and some other sight in three pin configuration, so they just swapped the housings between the two. The double pointer stayed on, so I was going to see how things lined up if those three pins were set up with the same gap as what the double pin gap is.

Run one on my Hogg father. Must have IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Running the fast eddie xl dp on my new rx3 ultra. Love it.
I shoot one on my Hogg Father, it’s been my favorite set up I have used.
I have one on one of my bows in a Fast Eddie. Honestly, the sight I love the most is my Apex Covert Pro with the LED dot. The sight picture is so clear and uncluttered. I haven't found the need to quickly use the second dot when hunting. In most cases I have time to re-dial. I'm considering switching the scope to a Spot Hogg Spark.
Just finally put my sight tape on this week. 500 grain setup at 75 lbs. Pointers are accurately set out to 60. Haven't shot further yet. Plenty of different sight tapes come with sight to get properly setup.

OR Archer

WKR
If you upgrade don’t forget to also get the double pin pointer specific for the Hogg father base. I think it’s definitely the way to go over a single pin.

OR Archer

WKR
Can someone with the double pin take an accurate caliper measurement of the distance from dot to dot on the actual post? Or pop their double pointer off to hold up against the dots and see if you used the two points on the pointer as the caliper if that is the correct distance?

My wife got her new/first bow yesterday. She had ordered a three pin fast eddie but spot hogg is still a few weeks behind on delivery. The bow shop had a double pin fast eddie, and some other sight in three pin configuration, so they just swapped the housings between the two. The double pointer stayed on, so I was going to see how things lined up if those three pins were set up with the same gap as what the double pin gap is.
No the 3 pins do not line up with the pointer. The double pin pointer is specifically calibrated to the double pin head only.

sndmn11

WKR
No the 3 pins do not line up with the pointer. The double pin pointer is specifically calibrated to the double pin head only.

Even if you gap the pins/dots the same distance as what the double pin is? For instance, if the double pin dots are a static 1/2" apart, why wouldn't the pointer line up if someone put their 2nd and third pin dots 1/2" apart? Are there other differences between the two heads?

Joe Holden

Lil-Rokslider
Even if you gap the pins/dots the same distance as what the double pin is? For instance, if the double pin dots are a static 1/2" apart, why wouldn't the pointer line up if someone put their 2nd and third pin dots 1/2" apart? Are there other differences between the two heads?

You can set them that way. Yes, the double pin was designed to function off of the double indicator. However it is easy enough to set your top 2 or bottom 2 pins to respond to the yardage shown on double pointer.
If you want to go down the rabbit hole, sight your top two in using the double indicator, twist some wire around the screw holding the indicator in place, and you've created a triple indicator set up.

psirus7

WKR
Time to revive this thread! Does anyone mark their DP post with nail polish/silver sharper in between the first and second pin or below the second pin?

V-TRAIN

WKR
I run a trophy ridge peak scope on spot hogg Tommy hoggs. They have inline pins like the double pin, except they are adjustable. I use 3 of the 5 pins, run 2 all the way down, use the 3rd as my slider. It is a sweet setup.

Reactions: MHB

MHB

FNG
I really like the idea of running that trophy ridge scope on the tommy hogg. Do the mounting screws line up or did you have to modify the scope or Tommy Hogg?

Never really cared for the double pin my self, I prefer to have a single pin or 3 pin that I can set to the yardages I want.

Matt

V-TRAIN

WKR
It fits right up, I have had to use 2 of those spacer blocks that come with the sight.
To get enough left right adjustment, and some longer bolts. They are the same size bolt though. The bolts are 8/32, I think you need 1". I have 1.5" and have 4 blocks, 2 on the inside, 2 on the outside of the mounting arm. The 2 on the outside are basically just spacers to take up the extra bolt length that's not needed.

I have 4 sights set up like this. The older trophy ridge firewire V5 and v3 will work also. They are a smaller diameter scope, the peak is kinda like the big dog mbg, or the larger scope size that trophy ridge sells.
The pins are super bright as bright if not brighter than spot hoggs, not as bright as mbg, but pin brightness has never been a issue.

Brians custom lens made me some custom 2x lenses for them also. I will stick some pictures up.