Spot Hogg Double Pin

breeds13

FNG
Think I’ve decided to make the switch to a Spot Hogg Double Pin aight. My question is, what does everyone recommend between the:

- Fast Eddie
- Fast Eddie XL
- Tommy Hogg
- Hogg Father

Can’t see a whole lot of differences between the 4 besides:

- Fast Eddie & Fast Eddie XL have Rack Stop
- Tommy Hogg & Hogg Father seem more durable while the Fast Eddies havgears exposed
- Fast Eddie & Tommy Hogg are hard mount while Fast Eddie XL and Hogg Father have quick release knob

I’ll be hunting mostly so i was towards Fast Eddie just because of the fixed mount, rack stop, and being the lightest of the 4. Only thing that concerns me is the exposed gears, in which case Tommy Hogg might be the better option and I’ll just have to sacrifice a few ounces.

ahlgringo

WKR
Fast eddie xl, have one on each of my 2 bows. Love em- never had any exposed gear durability issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sammymusi

WKR
I had the Tommy hogg.. simple set up bulletproof. If you want thr dovetail go fast eddie

stone1

FNG
I've used fast eddie and Xl. Whether you want a dovetail or not will decide which you should use. IMO one of the best sights for the price point.

OR Archer

WKR
I sell a ton of FE Xls. For a few bucks more I’d choose it over the regular FE. My personal preference and what I use is the Tommy. It’s pretty bomb proof.

Patton

Lil-Rokslider
Fast Eddie Double Pin for me. On a few occasions I’ve seen some feathery grass seeds in the gears but rare.

The dial on the side of the TH and HF are priceless instruments. I think they are severely overlooked for what they offer.

Jimbob

WKR
I have a Tommy hogg but would choose the fast eddie xl (they didn't have that years ago when I purchased)

Get a sight with a dovetail. The versatility it offers alone is priceless. I chose the FE XL and love it. Haven't had any issues with the exposed gears either. The Hogg Father would be a solid choice as well.

OP
breeds13

breeds13

FNG
Any of y'all using the Hamskea Raptor Peep? Was curious if I went to the Fast Eddie XL if I could get away with a 3/16" or even 1/4" peep size with my sight being a dovetail and being able to move it in/out.

Any of y'all using the Hamskea Raptor Peep? Was curious if I went to the Fast Eddie XL if I could get away with a 3/16" or even 1/4" peep size with my sight being a dovetail and being able to move it in/out.

The newer SH sights have MRT housings so you can change the overall diameter to fit your peep/draw length.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Only issue with the mrt is it makes the housing wider and limits your max range before your arrow contacts your housing.

loopmtz

Lil-Rokslider
Shot the Fast Edddie XL for years and went away from it. I'm not sure why I did that but I'll be going back to it after shooting other sights. Hard to beat a Spot Hogg

V-TRAIN

WKR
I have 4 Tommy Hoggs, and have had a Hogg Father, and also a fast eddie.

Unless you're gonna run the sight bar fully extended, and use a small peep, there is really no need to get a hogg father, it's just extra weight for nothing. I was using a 7/32, and with my draw length (28"), was running it the same distance from the riser as the Tommy Hogg.

The fast eddie, I honestly felt like it was nowhere near as solid a sight as the other 2.
I didn't like how it unlocked, I never even mounted on my bow. I honestly feel it is overpriced for what it is, it is not in the same league durability or function wise as the Tommy or Father.

mavinwa2

WKR
Res WA ST, winter>Gilbert AZ , NR>AZ, UT, NM, CO.
I've had a HoggFather for a number of years. never let me down. Its been mounted on my past 3 bows, now on my Vertix. Last 2 years, changed to double pin housing, perfect!

that being said, today I'd buy a Fast Eddie w/dovetail bar. Fast Eddie wasn't available when I purchased my HoggFather. Not only save a few ounces on sight vs HoggF but a couple ounces on back V bar too for balance.