Spot Hogg Fast Eddie Double Pin - Pin Size and Brightness

pingpong7

FNG
Hey everyone

Looking for feedback on those who have the the double pin fast eddie. What pin diameter did you pick. I am in Idaho and cant use scope light. I am leaning toward .010, but am worried if these smaller pins have good light for longer distances? Are they bright in daylight/dawn/dusk? I currently have an option 6 sight and my slider is .010, the pin itself is pretty dull in dawn/dusk.

thanks for the help!

Sammymusi

WKR
I had the double pin for 2 seasons in .010.. used to complain all the time about them not being bright enough. And they are super tiny. I ended up getting a new set up and decided on a mbg pro with the new slim line pins in .19.. although they are bright I still miss those .010 from the double pin. Without a light on them they were pretty dull at dusk or first light. I've never seen the 19s in person but from what I gather they would take up a little more of the target at longer ranges. I was shooting out to 80 with the. 010s no problem

Ucsdryder

WKR
I have the 10s on my double pin. It sure is nice shooting long range. A couple things tho...1. I shoot mich better with 1 eye closed using the 10s, I have always shot both eyes open. 2. For hunting, the brighter the better. Most of my elk encounters are at first and last light. Not sure it’s worth giving up the ability to see your pins for that long range practice.

406unltd

WKR
I’d pick it up. My pins are 10 and they are plenty bright for sunrise sundown. I appreciate the 10 when I shoot 140 but I could just as easily use the 19. This pic shows how I use it at 273fps. Set the yellow at 40 that puts the green at 25-26 which is 2”low at 30. White dot between fibers is 35, bottom white dot is 50. Only need to move if a shot is past 50.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 120

yoopshoot

Lil-Rokslider
I have the double pin in both 0.19 and 0.10. I started with the 0.19, which worked great for low light whitetail situations in timber and relatively close range (within ~40yards). For the last 2 years I switched to the 0.10 housing due to potential longer shots out west. I now use the 0.10 for everything and have not had issues with brightness. I feel I am a little more accurate, especially at longer range with the smaller pins. Just my 0.02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mlgc20

WKR
I have the .19’s on my double pin Fast Eddie. With my late 40s eyes, they work great. 20 years ago, I would have gone with the .10’s.

sndmn11

WKR
I knew my mistake might have a silver lining! I ordered @KickinNDishin two more pins for her three pin fast eddie for mother's day. I assumed she had .019 so that is what I ordered. I was wrong, but she likes them just the same. The red pins are .019 and the yellow/green are .010. I prefer the .019 personally.
MVIMG_20200522_205326.jpgIMG_20200522_205258.jpg

KSP277

WKR
2 pin with .19s. No complaints. Not a fan of the external light source. On The few I’ve had with a light, if it’s dark enough I need to light the pins up, they wash out anything beyond it. I couldn’t ever see anything beyond the pins. I don’t dial anything under about 40 yards with my 2 pin set up. Perfect world I’d have .19 up top and .10 bottom. Not sure if that’s an option or not.

Swan

FNG
I have 10s on my Fast Eddie XL Double and haven’t had any issues. For me, the 19s don’t cut it at distance. I keep thinking that I’ll get a sight light, just in case, but haven’t needed to yet.

Sammymusi

WKR
I feel like at first they were bright and then they dulled out after a few months . A byddy had thr same issue . When I was setting up my new bow the shop said possibly I damaged one of the fibers on the sight but I'm always careful with my gear

Chilax_1

FNG
I run a .19 and have no issues out to distance. For hunting I prefer the extra light gathering capability over the finer accuracy potential of the smaller pin on the longer shots. Most of the time I prefer to get in close though so it is a better trade off for me.

I knew my mistake might have a silver lining! I ordered @KickinNDishin two more pins for her three pin fast eddie for mother's day. I assumed she had .019 so that is what I ordered. I was wrong, but she likes them just the same. The red pins are .019 and the yellow/green are .010. I prefer the .019 personally.
View attachment 183658View attachment 183659
That doesn't look so bad. I could see myself doing the same thing, I think I would like the delineation by size other than just color.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk