Spot Hogg Fast Eddie questions

I'm looking to upgrade my current sight from an HHA Optimizer 5510 .010 single pin slider. Sight works great but I think I want to have the benefits of the 2 pin slider for hunting. Questions I have are, Is there a major benefit to the long bar Fast Eddie with extending the sight distance from the peep? Also, I like the .010 pin on my current sight, Is it too small with the long bar or does a .019 equate size wise with the extended bar? Probably all personal preference questions but figured I'd see what you guys seem to like. Thanks.

CJF

WKR
The long bar has the advantage of being able to fine tune your sight housing picture with your peep sight; if thats something you want to do, then get the extendable bar.

I have the 0.10 double pin (fully extended away from the riser) and love it.

With the MRT system you can adj the housing to your peep while keeping the sight in close if you like to keep things more compact. They are also coming out with a new 3 pin sight. I think S&S has them on their site

gelton

WKR
Really depends on your peep size, as mentioned the MRT helps but with a 3/16th peep I have mine extended almost fully (two notches short of full) and I put the smallest ring on so that it would match up with the peep. .19 pins, but that's because they work better for my eyes than a .10.

CB4

WKR
As somewhat mentioned. If you want to run a 3/16 peep then you will want the XL, if you want a 1/4 peep the standard fast eddy will work.

This also is somewhat dependent on your draw length and bow. I am a 28.5" draw on a 31ata bow and run a 1/4 peep on a tommy hogg.

Cliffy65

Lil-Rokslider
The XL is not necessary in hunting application as others have stated. If you currently use .010 pins and like them, stick with them.
On my bows I currently have a Fast Eddie (not XL) .019 double pin, 2 Tommy Hoggs both double pin .010 and a Hogg Father double pin .010. I also have the 5 pin scope but haven’t used it since switching to the double pins.
My favourite is the Tommy Hogg .010 set up.

OP
Jstumbaugh
So, I got the sight mounted and zeroed at 20. I kept the heavy ring on the housing and extended the bar almost all the way to match my peep. The .010 pins don’t seem as bright as the HHA .010 so far but it seems as though the extra few inches of sight radius helps with covering too much of the target. I shot 20, 40 and 55. Didn’t have time to fine tune 60 for the tape yet but I am very impressed with my groups. Maybe cut a third or so off my group.I feel like I shot the HHA well but this is next level. Fine target picture is sharp and I go by the motto “aim small, miss small”.