Spot Hogg Hogg Father Review, by Zach Herold

Ace12

Lil-Rokslider
This depends on many factors for any setup. Your peep height and anchor point plays a factor. Arrow speed and downrange momentum/speed plays a factor. With the sight - it comes down to if it has enough adjustment and the scope isn't so big you start to get contact.

With the Hogg Father - limiting factors aren't the sight itself, it's everything else. You'll get more range with the small single pin scope than a bigger 5-Pin head though.

Same goes for the Option 8 - some people will get that range, others won't.
I’ve wondered this exact thing. I have a Hogg father double pin and any lower than 75 or so and my scope will hit my fletchings. Only thing I can think of is to raise my peep sight

Brendan

WKR
I’ve wondered this exact thing. I have a Hogg father double pin and any lower than 75 or so and my scope will hit my fletchings. Only thing I can think of is to raise my peep sight
Or lighter arrows, or less aggressive fletching, or smaller scope...

It's all trade-offs....

V-TRAIN

WKR
I have had one before, but really like the Tommy Hogg better. If you are not gonna run the Hogg Father all the way out, then you are better off with the Tommy Hogg. I think the Father is about 2" longer than the Tommy if fully extended.

V-TRAIN

WKR
I didn't remember it being that much, but i guess so. If the sight has to be used like the first post with the picture, to get proper peep alignment, then i really don't see the point of rolling with the father over the tommy.
In that picture it looks like it is in pretty close.

Zach Herold

Super Moderator
Staff member
for those with a spot hogg how far out will the wheel allow you to get? Looking at option 8 and looks like i can get out to about 110-120 (more for practice rather than shooting at critters) but wondering how far the spot hogg will allow before clearance issues.

Depending on arrow weight, bow speed etc I would assume you could get close to that. I have a 100 yard mark and room to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk