Spot Hogg Keeton Release

Vandal 44

WKR
The new Spot Hogg Keeton Release showed up at the house yesterday, I didn't have time to test it out tell this morning.

My first impression of the release; This is a heavy release compared to my Carter RX2, The trigger is very crisp with no travel, finish on the release is very good (no rough edges). I am not a fan of the buckle the only reason for this is it's new and stiff seems a little bulky so I swapped out the new Keeton Buckle for my old ragged Scott Buckle (a lot more comfortable) It takes a little getting used when attaching the release to the D-Loop. I will be spending more time with the Keeton this weekend and give some up dates

Picture of 3 arrows at 40 yards and a picture of the Keeton

Attachments

• Keeton.jpg
    Keeton.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 83
  • Keeton 2.jpg
    Keeton 2.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 74

OR Archer

WKR
I love spot hogg products but I really didn't like this release at all. I just didn't like the transition from drawing then getting into the trigger. Too much movement out of my anchor to get on the trigger. Comparing the trigger to my wise guy I thought it was a bit clunky comparing them. Just can't bring myself to like it. Hopefully it works out for you.

OP
Vandal 44

Vandal 44

WKR
Chris, I am new to Spot Hogg Releases and have heard nothing but good things about them so I figured I would give it a try. I decided to give the Keeton a go, I would agree that shooting with the middle finger is a little awkward and takes some time getting used to. I will need to spend more time with it.

Today I shot my Carbon Spyder Turbo and PSE Carbon Air 34 with the Keeton and full disclosure it was a little easier to shoot the Carbon Air with the Keeton mainly do to the let off of the Carbon Air.