Spot-Hogg release issue

Berger024

WKR
Hello all,

I just wanted to see what your thoughts were on the Spot-Hogg Releases. I have owned a Wiseguy for going on 4 seasons. I purchased the one with the velcro strap and had durability issues with it every year. I shoot a moderate amount of arrows starting in May and up until the end of the whitetail season, a week before Thanksgiving. I had to contact Spot Hogg every year and have them replace their camo velcro release strap due to the hooks on the velcro breaking off with normal use and not securing to my wrist.
This year I called them and as usual, they were very helpful and expedited a strap to me without question. The Spot-Hogg rep told me they had discontinued the velcro strap. I suspect because of the velcro durability issue. The new black strap arrived today and I can safely say all versions of their wrist straps are very, very cheaply made with horrible materials.
I use Spot-Hogg sights and the Wiseguy is an amazing release, but the strap is absolute garbage. Is there an option out there for a strap from a different company? Is there another release that has a super light trigger that breaks like glass?

Attachments

• IMG_9480.jpg
    IMG_9480.jpg
    428.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_9478.jpg
    IMG_9478.jpg
    526.5 KB · Views: 24

OR Archer

WKR
Get one of their buckle or BOA straps. Velcro straps no matter the manufacture just plain suck and don’t last.

wayoh22

WKR
I don't see this as a Spot Hogg issue as much as a velcro issue. Velcro will always wear and tear with use, it's just a matter of time. Could always get a leather wrap from another company and just switch the actual release to that somehow.

wayoh22

WKR
@wayoh22 It is a Spot-Hogg issue. The buckle strap they sent me is absolute garbage as well. Their straps are horrible. I just ordered a BOA to try out.
Ok I see what you're saying, but if you willingly chose to keep buying/getting sent the same strap and expect a different result then I'm not sure what to tell you. Hopefully the BOA strap is better and lasts longer. I personally don't use a wrist-style release so I've not had to deal with this problem.

As I stated in my OG post, maybe try another strap from another company whether it be velcro or leather or something else and see if you can attach the actual release to that.

You also said you want a super light trigger just like the Wiseguy, I'm sure someone makes a release where you can set the pressure. It may just be a matter or trying some new releases out come the end of the season.

All the best.

SheepDogRob

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been using the Wiseguy with the BOA for about 9 months with zero issues. Seems very durable and as good as it was on day one. I shoot 2-3 days a week so it’s well used.

They rebuild a used one I bought on here. Overnighted it back. Amazing customer service.

I was wondering about if there's other company straps as well though. The nylon seems flimsy. Haven't had issues with the strap though.

Hello all,

I just wanted to see what your thoughts were on the Spot-Hogg Releases. I have owned a Wiseguy for going on 4 seasons. I purchased the one with the velcro strap and had durability issues with it every year. I shoot a moderate amount of arrows starting in May and up until the end of the whitetail season, a week before Thanksgiving. I had to contact Spot Hogg every year and have them replace their camo velcro release strap due to the hooks on the velcro breaking off with normal use and not securing to my wrist.
This year I called them and as usual, they were very helpful and expedited a strap to me without question. The Spot-Hogg rep told me they had discontinued the velcro strap. I suspect because of the velcro durability issue. The new black strap arrived today and I can safely say all versions of their wrist straps are very, very cheaply made with horrible materials.
I use Spot-Hogg sights and the Wiseguy is an amazing release, but the strap is absolute garbage. Is there an option out there for a strap from a different company? Is there another release that has a super light trigger that breaks like glass?

I have the same release, but it has the buckle strap. I have never had an issue in 5 years. Maybe you can get them to send you a buckle strap.