Spot Hogg Sight Tapes

Vandy321

WKR
Are these universal or specific to a certain spot hogg sight?

I've got a Spot Hogg Fast eddie XL double pin and wanting to find some spare #17 tapes...

The only tapes I find online are Hogg Mobb tapes...any suggestions?

Ucsdryder

WKR
They all work. I bought them from spot hogg. Cheapest I could find online.

Any Sight tape should work.

I like the spot hoggs best due to the calibration tape setup. Helps a lot when putting a tape on a wheel and not a flat surface like a target sight

FWIW when you sight your bow in, if you have a brake caliper measure tool or something similar you can get a better tape if you shoot your 20 then go back to 70-90 and shoot, pull the tape off and measure the distance.

wayoh22

WKR
FWIW when you sight your bow in, if you have a brake caliper measure tool or something similar you can get a better tape if you shoot your 20 then go back to 70-90 and shoot, pull the tape off and measure the distance.

Can you elaborate more on this? Interested in why/how you came to that discovery.

Can you elaborate more on this? Interested in why/how you came to that discovery.

When you use a spot hogg sight tape it measures 20-60 as your points of reference. You shoot 20 then shoot 60 and pick the corresponding sight tape based off the legend. Instead, if you shoot your 20 on a piece of tape, scroll to a further yardage and find your 70 (Or the 80/90) peel off the piece of tape and use a fine measuring tool like for brake calipers, you can then use that measurement compared to the sight tapes to find a more accurate tape.

20-60 works better than 20-50, but 20-90 works even better than 20-60 in my experience. Using a tool like in the link works best. I can post pictures tomorrow if I need to.

wayoh22

WKR
When you use a spot hogg sight tape it measures 20-60 as your points of reference. You shoot 20 then shoot 60 and pick the corresponding sight tape based off the legend. Instead, if you shoot your 20 on a piece of tape, scroll to a further yardage and find your 70 (Or the 80/90) peel off the piece of tape and use a fine measuring tool like for brake calipers, you can then use that measurement compared to the sight tapes to find a more accurate tape.

20-60 works better than 20-50, but 20-90 works even better than 20-60 in my experience. Using a tool like in the link works best. I can post pictures tomorrow if I need to.

I appreciate the insight, after I refletch some arrows I'm going to give this a try. And just to make sure I'm understanding everything correctly:

1. Lay down piece of tape on sight wheel
2. Find 20 and mark it
3. Find 90 and mark it
4. Lay that tape over the tapes they give you
5. Find which tape corresponds best by using the caliper for measurement

Does that sound right?

I appreciate the insight, after I refletch some arrows I'm going to give this a try. And just to make sure I'm understanding everything correctly:

1. Lay down piece of tape on sight wheel
2. Find 20 and mark it
3. Find 90 and mark it
4. Lay that tape over the tapes they give you
5. Find which tape corresponds best by using the caliper for measurement

Does that sound right?

Yep. I will be doing it tonight as well, specifically with my broadheads.