Spot Hogg Site Tapes

When I first got my Spot Hogg, single pin, I sighted it in with my own marks and found it hard to get the pin in the same exact spot each time when moving the dial to and from yardages. It worked ok, but not as well as I'd have liked.

So I tried the standard site tapes, got my 20 and my 60, found the correct tape and moved on only to find out that at longer yardage, say 85, it's at least 4-5 yards off (shooting high). When sighting in my 20, I shot at a very thin piece of tape placed horizontal on the target, I'd say my mark was spot on. Same with 60.

I do not have a printer nor the tools required to use the programs available, but is there a way to use the standard site tapes with different starting marks, say 30 and 80 or 90? Or can you only do it at 20 and 60?

Looking for some help if anyone can shed some light on this...

Thanks in advance.

OR Archer

WKR
What I always suggest to my customers if they are wanting to use the supplied tapes is to sight in at all yardages as best they can. Make sure you move the sight back to 20 yards then remove your calibration tape. Lay it next to the tape it says to use. If your marks don't line up then try it against the next one until you find one that matches your marks.

I don't think I've ever had a sight tape end up perfect on any sight. Really good ones will be good to about 80 yards, but seem to fade after that. OR Archer's method is the way to do it. I use a printed one to get close, then make the hard data marks on that tape. I'll verify it over several shooting sessions, then make my own custom tape by pulling the one off the sight and transferring the marks onto a new tape. Different drag characteristics of broadheads, arrows, and vane setups throw things for a bit of a loop, but it's not too hard to get the kinks worked out. It works to tune in broadheads too, even if they fly straight the additional drag of most heads starts to show up around 60 yards.