Spot Hogg tommy hogg

Stalker69

WKR
For those that have used ( are using) this sight, watching the videos it looks ( sounds) as though when you pull back on the knob to unlock the large elevation knob to change yardage. It clicks or makes a noise is this true, or is it silent ? Seems as though it clicks when pushing it forward to lock it down also. I don’t want a click when an animal is present and I have to dial the yardage.
I have an hha king pin now, and it has a small lock down knob inside the large dial and it makes no noise, but I am buying a new bow and don’t really care for the hha king pin. But I do want complete silence when adjusting the sight.

S&S Archery (Rob)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Yes, it does make an audible click. however if you want to leave it unlocked you can as there is plenty of friction there to keep the housing in place.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

fordnut

FNG
I lock it when practicing at known distances. Then I unlock it when hunting. Yes it does have click if you slam it lock to unlock but can be done relatively quietly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
S

Stalker69

WKR
Not necessarily, I have been stalking and had sight set to 40 yards, just waiting for them to turn or clear a bush, and had an animal ( s) appear out of no where at 20 or less. And this has happened A LOT of times actually, especially when stalking pigs and javelina. And any sound you make, they are gone ! So yes it is an issue.

OP
S

Stalker69

WKR
So now where is the cheapest place to buy one, Eders has them for 220.00.free shipping Any body know of someplace for less ?

SDHNTR

WKR
Non issue. The click is barely audible. I have a 5 pin so no need to use it inside of 60. No animal would hear it at that range. I’m super anal about bow noise and this is not an issue. You can also wrap your hand around the knob and move it slowly so it makes no noise.

OP
S

Stalker69

WKR
Non issue. The click is barely audible. I have a 5 pin so no need to use it inside of 60. No animal would hear it at that range. I’m super anal about bow noise and this is not an issue. You can also wrap your hand around the knob and move it slowly so it makes no noise.

Read post # 5

OR Archer

WKR
I much prefer single pin, not sure why you would get a slider sight if your using five pins.
Because you don’t have to move it every time an animal moves, yet you can still dial it just like a single pin.
As far as the noise it’s a non issue. Been using a Tommy Hogg since 2012. Cup it with your hand and you can hardly hear it.

SDHNTR

WKR
Because you don’t have to move it every time an animal moves, yet you can still dial it just like a single pin.
As far as the noise it’s a non issue. Been using a Tommy Hogg since 2012. Cup it with your hand and you can hardly hear it.
Precisely. I’ve never understood a single pin.

If shooting a single pin housing, my thought is you should know where to hold it for shooting 15-50 yards when it's set on 35 or 40 yards.

But I shoot a 5 pin mover.

bsnedeker

WKR
If shooting a single pin housing, my thought is you should know where to hold it for shooting 15-50 yards when it's set on 35 or 40 yards.

But I shoot a 5 pin mover.

Agreed! I actually have the 2 pin hogg father set at 30 yards, 2nd ping at 40, top of the bubble is 50. 20 and under I aim a few inches low. I practice all the time at different yardages not moving my pin at all. The only time I move is when I'm practicing at long distance 60-110 yards.

OP
S

Stalker69

WKR
I do, but if I have time to to dial I will. I know where when set on 20 I know hold up to 45. But I hardly ever have to move it from the 20 yard setting, and like I said if I have time to dial for 30 or 40 or whatever I will. But looks as though you don’t have to lock it down and it has enough tension to hold zero. So we shall see.

Ian Ketterman

Lil-Rokslider
I do, but if I have time to to dial I will. I know where when set on 20 I know hold up to 45. But I hardly ever have to move it from the 20 yard setting, and like I said if I have time to dial for 30 or 40 or whatever I will. But looks as though you don’t have to lock it down and it has enough tension to hold zero. So we shall see.

That is kind of the point of the extra pins, the hybrid sights have taken the best of both worlds. I have a 3 pin, as my eyes suck so a 5-7 pin is too much clutter but a single pin isn't great when hunting IMO, especially if they're moving about and you get time to range once.

I set all 3 pins to known distances then mark my tape the other 2 pins. So, my pins are 20-35-50 with a needle on 50. I glued some arrow fletch pieces on the wheel so I have marks for the top and middle pin, so, when I dial the bottom pin out to, lets say 70, I have known yardage pins at 40-55 as well. Hope this makes sense.

OP
S

Stalker69

WKR
Yea multi pins I found my self using the wrong pin from time to to time in the heat of the moment. Plus they were so close together I didn’t like the clutter ( confusion) one pin has been great, second best thing I have done archery wise, 1st was a thumb release. And 90% of the time I have it on 20 and i am good really to 40 ( know my hold over) which is longer then I normally shoot at game. It’s just when I dial to get more precise ( far more confidant ) and for get to turn it back . And trying to turn it while “ in range” I just don’t want any noise. Going to order one today I believe.

Yea multi pins I found my self using the wrong pin from time to to time in the heat of the moment. Plus they were so close together I didn’t like the clutter ( confusion) one pin has been great, second best thing I have done archery wise, 1st was a thumb release. And 90% of the time I have it on 20 and i am good really to 40 ( know my hold over) which is longer then I normally shoot at game. It’s just when I dial to get more precise ( far more confidant ) and for get to turn it back . And trying to turn it while “ in range” I just don’t want any noise. Going to order one today I believe.

Look up the article on a "trick pin"

You find a yardage that you can leave a single pin on that gives you the most range without adjustment.

Gumbo

WKR
If complete silence is your thing the MBG Ascent is totally silent and you can remove the locking lever, it isn't needed at all. Personally I did not like the Tommy...