Spot Hogg Triple Stack @ S&S Archery

L.M._Rog

FNG
Shot mine today and had no issues at all, plenty of windage and didn’t even have to flip the sight bracket from the factory setting. I’m shooting a VXR 31.5 and it set up quickly at 20,30,and 40. I’ll look for a sight tape this week but overall I’m very satisfied with this sight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So far I'm finding it a little difficult. I think it will be great for hunting, but it's not great for small targets/spots unless you just float the top pin. I don't like not being able to see top/bottom of the sight mark. I thought I'd like the uncluttered housing, and I think I will for deer/elk, but it's difficult to use the bottom pin when your only reference is left/right of the pin if that makes sense.

All what you are used to I guess, and I don't shoot an up pin. My scope housing I have the pin come in from the right side just like my multi pin sights.

p0under99

FNG
So far I'm finding it a little difficult. I think it will be great for hunting, but it's not great for small targets/spots unless you just float the top pin. I don't like not being able to see top/bottom of the sight mark. I thought I'd like the uncluttered housing, and I think I will for deer/elk, but it's difficult to use the bottom pin when your only reference is left/right of the pin if that makes sense.

All what you are used to I guess, and I don't shoot an up pin. My scope housing I have the pin come in from the right side just like my multi pin sights.
I’ll buy it from you if you like

laltaffer

Lil-Rokslider
Just got my shipping notice. Excite to see how this works out. Will be replacing a single pin Hogg Father

H80Hunter

WKR

Do you shoot with both eyes open?

H80Hunter

WKR
I can see that as an issue. I’ve shot with one eye and both eyes at different times and I used to prefer horizontal pins with one eye.

I can see that as an issue. I’ve shot with one eye and both eyes at different times and I used to prefer horizontal pins with one eye.

I can shoot a single up pin fine, I just prefer to keep sight picture consistent so I have my pins come in horizontal.

I just hadn't taken into account the fact that the pins are vertically stacked you can't see above any pin except the top one. Years ago when trophy ridge first came out with their vertical stacked pins I really liked it, at the time all did was hunt and it worked great on a deer. Now I just like a little more precision. I think the triple stack will make a great hunting sight, just I was hopeful to use it for 3d where I won't be adjusting the housing, so shooting it as a fixed sight. I'm sticking with my regular 3 pin housing for now. In a few weeks I'll put it back on and play with it a bit more, I'll likely use it for my hunting sight.

TheTone

WKR
I remember when all trophy ridge sights were multiple pin in a vertical plane. The idea seemed to have mostly died but now it’s coming back?

Brendan

WKR
Well got a shipping notice. Should be here end of week, but not sure I tempt the fates and swap it on a week before I leave on my first hunt. Maybe on the backup.

Cliffy65

Lil-Rokslider
I remember when all trophy ridge sights were multiple pin in a vertical plane. The idea seemed to have mostly died but now it’s coming back?
Yep, had one and loved it. Super easy to adjust pin locations without tools. I only upgraded to the double pin Hogg father, Tommy and fast Eddie. I have the triple stack kit on order to give it a whirl.

HbDane

WKR
I'm going to have to order one of these for my Tommy. I have a double pin right now, but I think the 3rd pin will be very useful this hunting season

I ended up canceling my order today. I will probably get one at some point tho. Just doesn’t make sense to keep my order when it won’t ship until after season. By then I bet they have some built up and I can get one anyway

GatorGar247

Lil-Rokslider
I ended up canceling my order today. I will probably get one at some point tho. Just doesn’t make sense to keep my order when it won’t ship until after season. By then I bet they have some built up and I can get one anyway

I'm gonna cancel mine too. Just saw someone got shipping confirmation on a April order. I ordered a month prior and nothing.. it aint worth getting it now 3 weeks or so until Colorado trip..

Brendan

WKR
Got mine today, going to set it up on my backup dovetail tomorrow. I'm used to (and like) the double pin scopes, so might end up being an easy switch for me.

i got mine, won't be able to mount it until Monday, but i'm looking forward to shooting it. it's funny being excited about an old concept, but i used to really like the trophy ridge vertical pins... i also like 3 pin sliders, i'm going to like the sight.... glad i went with all .010 pins