Spot Hogg Triple Stack @ S&S Archery

So I got mine. The pins are not perfectly aligned up and down. I can probably bend them a bit but wondering if this is common. It’s very slight but obvious when looking at them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picture?

If it's one pin leaned left I could believe something fell in behind it and the set screw has the pin bound against it. This is for a right handed shooter.

Them not being aligned is not normal.

GatorGar247

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered first week of March. Got an email from S And S yesterday that they have extras in stock but still haven't received mine.. smh

laltaffer

Lil-Rokslider
Picture?

If it's one pin leaned left I could believe something fell in behind it and the set screw has the pin bound against it. This is for a right handed shooter.

Them not being aligned is not normal.

After getting all of my axis square they appear lined up now. I still need to do some final sighting in to see how true their vertical path is

I stopped in at a local archery shop today, they have six of the fast eddie triple stack and three of the fast eddie XL‘s triple stacks.... I’m still waiting on my custom fast eddie I ordered in May, I was tempted to buy one and just cancel my order...

V-TRAIN

WKR
They supposedly didn't start making left handed ones until a month or two after the right handed ones. I would just keep waiting, I would not think it would be much longer.

GatorGar247

Lil-Rokslider
They supposedly didn't start making left handed ones until a month or two after the right handed ones. I would just keep waiting, I would not think it would be much longer.
I saw a custom left hand triple stack for sale on archery talk last week.. it didn't last long . It had .19 top and middle pin and. 10 bottom pin.. had I seen it sooner I would have bought it and canceled my order..

V-TRAIN

WKR
I am in no rush, I have been running the same setup for probably 7 or 8 years.
I have been using trophy ridge inline scopes on spot hoggs. I guess the patent must have run out or maybe they are paying royalties. It is the same thing just 2 more pins, I know the spot hogg fibers will be smaller though.

Attachments

• 20210918_084406.jpg
    20210918_084406.jpg
    275.5 KB · Views: 54
  • 20210918_084328.jpg
    20210918_084328.jpg
    301.6 KB · Views: 54

GatorGar247

Lil-Rokslider
Well I got shipping confirmation this morning . Been a long 6 months I hope it's worth it..

GatorGar247

Lil-Rokslider
For you guys that set up your tripple stack..
When I draw my bow I can slightly see the side of the pins.. my bow is bare shaft tuned as of this morning . I tried changing my grip several times . Grip has never been an issue for me . I also leveled the sight to the riser and then set third axis.. it shoots fine but causes me to torque because I try to line the pins up straight.

Any ideas what could be going on to cause this.. or is there a way to adjust the pin gang? Instructions aren't much help

laltaffer

Lil-Rokslider
For you guys that set up your tripple stack..
When I draw my bow I can slightly see the side of the pins.. my bow is bare shaft tuned as of this morning . I tried changing my grip several times . Grip has never been an issue for me . I also leveled the sight to the riser and then set third axis.. it shoots fine but causes me to torque because I try to line the pins up straight.

Any ideas what could be going on to cause this.. or is there a way to adjust the pin gang? Instructions aren't much help

Did you check your axis alignment? I saw the same and that fixed it for me

GatorGar247

Lil-Rokslider
Did you check your axis alignment? I saw the same and that fixed it for me

Which one? I leveled the bow then the bubble 2nd axis . Then put a piece of serving thread plumb in the center of the scope.. dropped a plumb line and set the 3rd axis.. the block that the pins are coming out of looks like it's a quarter inch out of square with everything else. If I adjust 3rd axis to make it square it's way out of wack..

laltaffer

Lil-Rokslider
Which one? I leveled the bow then the bubble 2nd axis . Then put a piece of serving thread plumb in the center of the scope.. dropped a plumb line and set the 3rd axis.. the block that the pins are coming out of looks like it's a quarter inch out of square with everything else. If I adjust 3rd axis to make it square it's way out of wack..

Ah yeah I’d call them and send some pics. Once I got all of my axis’s corrected it looked good.

GatorGar247

Lil-Rokslider
Ah yeah I’d call them and send some pics. Once I got all of my axis’s corrected it looked good.

Ok . I'm gonna make dang sure everything is done correctly tomorrow and if that doesn't fix it I'll give them a call Monday

Sounds like a 3rd axis issue to me, but could be something with your bow that is causing it I guess.

Are you setting 3rd at full draw? I haven't seen that it needs to be done at full draw with my bows, but depending on the bow it can certainly require it.

Ok . I'm gonna make dang sure everything is done correctly tomorrow and if that doesn't fix it I'll give them a call Monday

GatorGar247

Lil-Rokslider
Sounds like a 3rd axis issue to me, but could be something with your bow that is causing it I guess.

Are you setting 3rd at full draw? I haven't seen that it needs to be done at full draw with my bows, but depending on the bow it can certainly require it.
Yes I set it at full draw. I also have a sight level by Brite sight that you clamp the sight in and set 3rd axis but I'm not sure I trust it..
I can see some bow torque when I am at full draw. It's my understanding that all bows torque due to cable tension. I have to really torque the bow hard right to make it look straight.

I'm gonna work on it some more today. I hope I can get it figured out ..

Last edited:

GatorGar247

Lil-Rokslider
I started over this morning and everything checked out. I'm gonna have to call spot hogg this coming week..
Imo if they want to make this sight work they will need to make the block the pins are on adjustable. If I could swing the front around a quarter inch it would work fine and wouldn't change the pin position.. but the way it sits now I'll have better vision through my 5 pin..