Spot Hogg Wise Guy

Kade94

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone had any issues with the Spot Hogg Wise Guy release? I just purchased one and like the design so far.

CBB1

Lil-Rokslider
Excellent release. Nothing to worry about from my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zac

WKR
The only problem I had was that my finger kept slamming into the trigger when mule deer would get in front of me.

Holocene

WKR
Not to be a downer, but I've had serious issues with several of mine. Before listing, let me say that it was a fantastic release for about two years.

PROS:
  • Fastest "lock time" of any index release I've ever felt. Crisp and like lightning. This is excellent for command style shooting, so if that's your game this release is for you.
  • Adjustable sear/trigger engagement, which is how you can achieve that fast lock time. Or, you can slow down the trigger a little.
  • Somewhat adjustable in length, and Spot Hogg actually sells a longer extension piece if you want to play around with your finger position.
  • Some of the best customer service in the business. Parts replaced quick and usually free.
CONS
  • On two separate releases, I have had the internals fail. With the first, I punched myself in the face, sent a broadhead tipped arrow into the woods, and gashed my mouth. Had this replaced for free by Spot Hogg. 1.5 years later, during an elk hunt, release started to fire DURING the draw cycle when I was doing some practice holds to stay fresh in the woods. Same thing! Internals failed. Spot Hogg replaced the whole head and I sold it and now shoot a Scott Ascent hinge exclusively.
  • Because this release is so stinkin hot, I developed some target panic and have made a few rushed shots in the past few years. Very disappointing. There is literally zero creep in this thing, which will eventually get in your head. I have heard some guys call it a "wrist rocket." Very apt.
Advice after shooting it 3-4 years and owning 3...

Watch the internals and keep them clean, dry, serviced. I hunt in Coastal Oregon so rain could have been a factor? Understand the psychological issues that can come up with shooting a hot index release and be ready to deal with that if/when they visit you.

Coffindaffer

Lil-Rokslider
Only wrist release I’ll shoot anymore. I’ve been very happy with mine. It is a little sensitive, but I personally like that

the Stan extinction got my attention, but I don’t like that it has no length adjustment on the head

Zac

WKR
If it were me I'd use Truball Execution. Probably the best sear system on the market and way more adjustability.

i have shot the wiseguy for at least 10yrs, in all weather (lots of wet) with zero maintenance.... zero issues. i try to get away from it but keep crawling back, haha.

i wish you could set the tension higher on the trigger, but all in all, great release

kda082

WKR
Have 2 now for son and self. Had to take one apart and clean once, but easy and worked perfect after. Best index finger release in my opinion and I’ve owned a lot.