Spot Hogg ?

Stalker69

WKR
I want a spot Hogg tommy Hogg sight but I am confused which sight housing it comes with. Looking at single pin model. So does it come with sight housing like the top picture, or the “ bigger” bottom picture ? I know the pictures are of a Hogg father, but it’s the only pic. I could find that shows both housings. 139770

Zspires94

FNG
The bottom picture is a multiple pin housing. The top picture is single and double pin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
S

Stalker69

WKR
Yes I know it’s a hogg father as I stated above. But it’s the only picture I could find that shows both types of housing. Because some sights show it with the bottom picture, and some sights show it with the upper picture style. And yes for a single pin. So I take it, if I order a single pin, it will come like the upper picture. And there is No choice of size rings ?

Zspires94

FNG
My bad I apparently didn’t read your post all the way. But yes a single pin will come with top housing and I’m not 100% sure on if you will get the big ring with the Tommy. My Hogg father didn’t come with the larger ring but I’ve seen fast eddies that come with it.

The bottom picture is a multiple pin housing. The top picture is single and double pin.

Agreed, if you order the single pin it will look like the top picture. Multiple pin will look like the bottom picture

Brendan

WKR
If you order the MRT version, it comes with Multiple Rings (2 - one small, one larger). Both for the Single/Double, and the Larger Multi-Pin Housings.

The older versions (non-MRT) didn't have the Rings....

Sounds like you've got your answer in regards to the single, multi-pin housing question...I would just like to state that I've been running at 5-pin Tommy for the last 3 years and have been very pleased with it. It is heavy, but very durable with micro adjustability. Have heard others say on this forum "if I needed to beat someone with a bow sight, a Spott Hogg would be the sight". I understand that saying as they are stout, but that is also why I opt run one...robustness.

bat-cave

WKR
FWIW, I would have agreed with Kgolding when I bought my Tommy Hogg. After snaping the scope housing off twice ... not so much anymore. Customer service form Spot Hogg is top notch and they sent me new scopes ASAP each time, but I was still out of the hunt for a week each time. I do not believe I really abused the sight terribly and do know what led to the second failure. Walking through tall saw grass (you get tired of holding the bow overhead before long ... and the grass got wrapped around the sight housing and pulling it free led to it snapping off. This was not a single occurrence mind you ... a day long slog. Still a bit of a surprise to me.

I've still hunted with a Spot Hogg the past two years but switched to a Fast Eddie XL.

Brendan

WKR
I have run nothing but spot hogg on my hunting bows since at least 2014. I've done everything up to and including dropping a bow out of a tree 25' up, and I haven't so much as broken a pin or had one come out of adjustment. That includes 50-60 days of Elk hunting plus all my whitetail hunting and practice.

During the same time I've had a hoyt explode and shoot pieces of the limbs in a 30 yard circle, and have had multiple QAD and ripcord rests fail, but never an issue with the sights. Although, they can develop a little vibe every once in a while that takes a little work to get out...

@bat-cave - was yours a bolt failure between the scope and the "extension arm" ? That's the only bad luck thing I could see happening thinking about it.

Also - I prefer the Tommy Hogg and Hogg Father because of the micro adjustability and the ability to generate your own sight tapes. Pretty sure the Fast Eddie is a different mechanism where that's not true.

bat-cave

WKR
I have run nothing but spot hogg on my hunting bows since at least 2014. I've done everything up to and including dropping a bow out of a tree 25' up, and I haven't so much as broken a pin or had one come out of adjustment. That includes 50-60 days of Elk hunting plus all my whitetail hunting and practice.

During the same time I've had a hoyt explode and shoot pieces of the limbs in a 30 yard circle, and have had multiple QAD and ripcord rests fail, but never an issue with the sights. Although, they can develop a little vibe every once in a while that takes a little work to get out...

@bat-cave - was yours a bolt failure between the scope and the "extension arm" ? That's the only bad luck thing I could see happening thinking about it.

Also - I prefer the Tommy Hogg and Hogg Father because of the micro adjustability and the ability to generate your own sight tapes. Pretty sure the Fast Eddie is a different mechanism where that's not true.

Both of my failures were the same. The rod that the scope threads onto sheared off. I do believe Spot Hoog makes a good product and hence I've stayed with the Fast Eddie XL for the past two years as I really like the Double Pin. It did take some work to eliminate all the rattles. My only complaint is the weight of their sights, which again in my experience didn't equal greater durability.