Spot Shot - Wi-Fi scope camera

OP
6mm Remington
Appreciate you posting the pics, David. This device looks promising. I read the reviews on Amazon- not sure how reliable they are. There were a few negatives regarding software, connection drops, etc. Have you had any of these issues?

It seems easy to connect with my phone each time I use it. Have had no problems there. My wife downloaded the Spot Shot wifi and had no problems connecting also. On the bison she was with me and we both were able to look at the spotting scope images at the same time. She could photograph and video just like I could also.

Haven't noticed any connection drops. Down where I was taking the bison pictures I had no wifi connection but had no problem as the Spot Shot sent out the wifi signal and my phone picked it up no problem.

I measured 82 yards a couple days ago that I was able to walk away from the spotting scope and Spot Shot set up and still have the image of me on the spotting scope as I could see it on my phone. I was able to take a picture at 82 yards of me standing there. Well actually my waist down as I just focused on a location and walked in a line with the spotting scope image until it ran out of oomph.

Yesterday when I did video on the bison bull there might be just a tiny amount of lag before the subjects image and it shows on the screen. Watching the bison bull chew his cud and trying to watch my phone at the same time, there was just a small bit of lag before it shows the motion on my phone.

Reliable: have no idea. It comes with that little soft case so to give it a bit more protection and water resistance in the daypack, I purchased in the camping section at Sportsmans a round soft zip case for water bottles. It is just a bit long, but I can put the charging cord and lens wipes in the soft nylon case that comes with the Spot Shot and put that in the round padded case too.

I was looking at possibly getting a phone scope and the eyepiece attachment and the camera attachment for my phone so that I could use my spotting scope to take pictures on my phone and video's of animals and such at long range. I have my cell phone in a case to protect it and I found that every time I would want to use the spotting scope in this fashion to take a picture, I would first have to remove my phone case. Now if I ever changed phones it would also mean getting the new phone attachment to fit my new phone as they all are so different in dimensions. If I ever wanted to change spotting scopes, or use what I had on a buddies spotting scope, that also meant that the spotting scope attachment would also have to be changed and a new piece purchased. Then I found this and the guy at Sportsmans Warehouse turned me on to the Spot Shot.

The Spot Shot will work on all or just about each and every spotting scope made. It is extremely adjustable to fit on your particular spotting scope. That's it attach the Spot Shot and turn it on. Get the Wi-Fi for the Spot Shot a a download on your phone. Simple to do. Turn the Spot Shot on and link your phone to the new Wi-Fi and you are ready to take pictures. I mounted the Spot Shot on my Leupold Gold Ring 15-30x-50mm spotting scope and took these pictures off of my deck that follow.

My spotting scope with the Spot Shot attached.

View attachment 190622

View attachment 190623
Can someone help me out please? My neurotic wife threw away the box (and I assume the manual) before I could get everything connected. I have tried every variation of sme and spotshot for the password to connect it to WiFi without success. Is there a format or universal password someone can help me out with? Scoured the inter webs and sme website to no avail. Thanks in advance for any help anyone can lend.

Yes... YAAAASSSS! I was one digit off on one of my guesses; would have been beating my head against the wall for a while on this one. Thank you so much!