SpotHogg Pin Removal

mtnhntr

WKR
Poll...

Okay I got a Real Deal 7 pin wrapped sight about a month ago. However after getting it all set up am realizing that I can only run out to 70 - and thus only need 6 pins. So I'm debating on whether to keep the bottom (green) pin or the second lowest (red) pin. Both pins will do what I need them to as it relates to spacing.

I've always had the best luck with green in low light, so I was thinking of keeping that pin but wanted some feedback before I start taking the sight apart.

Thanks!

I'd keep them all. Shooting at 80 would be good to improve your shooting at 60 and 70!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

OP
M

mtnhntr

WKR
I would but I'm out of room in the sight aperture. 70 is literally maxing the ring out. This reminds me of why I use to shoot both an 85# and 95# bows. I love love love my arrow set up, but I need more umph! This 70# bow just doesn't give me the speed I want, but after an arm surgery (ulnar nerve transposition) I don't have the strength I use to.

I just need to get the extra pin out so it doesn't distract me.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I would keep the green, but you could also start your 20 pin higher up in the housing as well. What weight and speed of arrow are you shooting?

KMT

WKR
We probably all see colors differently. I don't shoot red pins very well. I would remove the red and keep the green. I have no red pins in my spot Hogg.

Dameon

WKR
Green shows up the best in low light. Even in bright sun, my red pins are harder to use than green or yellow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
M

mtnhntr

WKR
I would keep the green, but you could also start your 20 pin higher up in the housing as well. What weight and speed of arrow are you shooting?

I will have to find my chrono (I just moved and it's in a box someplace) but I'd say it's in the 270ish range and I'm running a 560 grain arrow.

I have the uppermost pin capped out to where I don't dare go any higher. I miss my PSE Mongoose sight lol - it had soooo much room and was top of the line when it came out and cost just as much as this SpotHogg...for those of you who know that sight I'm sure I just dated myself :p