Spotted for range use

skywalkr

Lil-Rokslider
I am thinking about getting a spotting scope to help me with long range shooting and for now it will only be used at the range as my hunts don’t necessitate it. I have read good things on here about the Athlon Ares and was wondering if there are other ones in that same price range I should be looking into and since the primary use will be target practice are there specific features I should look for?

I am new to the long range shooting world, most of my current practice is under 300 so I’m not sure what I don’t know. Is there an optimal magnification range I should be looking at? I am looking to join a range that has targets out to a mile but realistically I’d be doing most of my shooting under 1k.

As far as budget goes I’m willing to save up if needed, I hate buying something that I will just want to replace not too long down the road but I don’t want to spend needlessly either. A $600 Athlon is a lot easier to swallow than a $3k Swaro and since it’s not going to be used for hunting I figure I don’t need top of the line glass and weight doesn’t really matter either. Either way, if I should spend more I’ll find room in my budget.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor