Spotter in DT3

Beastmode

WKR
I am looking into getting a DT3 for scouting and short hunts as well ad a DT1 for longer trips. I was curious if anybody has put an 85mm angled spotter in the side pocket of a DT3 and if so how well does it fit? Yeah guys it looks like I am taking the plunge to the dark side as well.

I have the 85mm Zeiss diascope angled and it fits great. All but the eye piece fit inside the pocket. The eyepiece fits under the standard lid so it is completely covered. Works great. That said, when it was raining I put the spotter in the main bag just in case. I don't think I needed to but had the room so I did.

Can put up a couple pics tomorrow if ur interested.

Joe

muleman

WKR
I too have the angled Zeiss 85mm and scouted this summer in a DT3 without any problems. I also run a bigger tripod, the Manfrotto 190CXPro3 with a fluid head. The tripod is a little tall but has never been an issue in the DT3 side pocket. In fact I don't really notice a difference between the DT3 side pockets and the DT1 side pockets. Either one works fine with a big scope and tripod.

Had this one on my phone. Zeiss 85 angled on left in pic, slik sprint mini tripod with ball head on right in pack. Both are basically completely covered. Not the best pic can do better tomorrow.

Attachments

• 2012-08-16_19-23-06_173.jpg
    2012-08-16_19-23-06_173.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 55