Spotter or 15x Binocs for Utah Archery Mulies and Elk

Would like to get some recommendations from experienced folks. Just getting into back pack hunting in northeast Utah. Not a hardcore trophy hunter just like to find mature animals. Mountains around me are fairly open and can usually see out to about 3 miles max. I have a nice manfrotto carbon tripod. Weight is fairly important. I have a pair of 8x30 zeis Binocs I stalk and still hunt with but looking to add longer range spotting capability. Appreciate the help!

Tyler455

Lil-Rokslider
15s and a Maven 12-27 if you feel the need. Keeps pack weight down but can still zoom to 27

Having a pair of 15s will get you by for a while till you really want to start glassing at extreme ranges or trying to count points. Kind of depends to on if you hunt elk or deer more, 15s are extremely beneficial for mule deer where as if I mostly hunted elk I’d go with a spotting scope first, elk are way easier to spot than mule deer.

bwhntMT

Lil-Rokslider
In my experience, you need a 60+mm spotter with your typical magnification ranges to start outperforming the 15's. If you're trying to choose between a compact spotter and the 15's, the 15's are going to give you better performance and are easier on the eyes.

OP
N
Thanks for the input guys! I think I will invest in some swaro 15s this year and get into a spotter in a year or two. Any recommendations in a stable, lightweight tripod and head for the 15s?

Thanks for the input guys! I think I will invest in some swaro 15s this year and get into a spotter in a year or two. Any recommendations in a stable, lightweight tripod and head for the 15s?
Really enjoy the slik Amt I use for the 15s it’s relatively light for a tripod and is sturdy enough for heavy 15s and even big spotters.