Spotter to Tripod Mounting Headache (Sirui ST-124 + Maven CS.1)

I picked up a Sirui VA-5 and ST-124 from Cameraland (awesome service BTW) and am trying to get my Maven CS.1 to mount to it. For the life of me, I cannot get the brass pin to seat into the hole on my spotter. It's almost like the hole in the spotter is a hair too small to accept the pin.

This is the plate that I am working with (came with the head):

Does Sirui make another plate that may work better with my spotter? Should I just ignore the pin all together?

Thanks in advance.

That is a universal screw. Happy to exchange it, however the problem may be on the spotter. If you have a friend that has a tripod see if theirs will mount the spotter. If it Does, call me and I will get you out a new plate. If not the issue is the spotter

Joel
516-217-1000

OP
C
The screw itself is fine and threads into the spotter. I'm having trouble with the brass pin. I'm a little worried about my spotter being held onto the tripod via a few threads, so I wanted the pin in there as well. Sorry for the confusion.

Pictures are worth a thousand words... In the first one, the top hole is where I've been trying to fit the pin into. The second picture is how I've been able to get the spotter mounted (using the screw only and the pin as a reference to the front of the spotter).

After searching the internet, it seems like I'm not the only one with my CS.1 mounted this way.

Attachments

• mounting_holes.jpg
    mounting_holes.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 13
  • spotter_mounted.jpg
    spotter_mounted.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 15