Spotting scope decisions -Meopta/Vortex

ZackP

WKR
Hey guys,

Long time lurker. I’ve already decided to pull the trigger on the Meostar 15x Bino’s. I’m having a really hard time deciding on a spotter. I’ve ran the 11-33 Razor, the newer 15-45 Viper, and the Krotos 15-45. I’m leaning heavily on the MeoPro HD 80 over the Razor 85. I can get both at a discount (MeoPro being $200 cheaper).

I’ll primarily be using the 15x to find game but want the spotter for evaluation. I wasn’t thoroughly impressed with the Viper. Glass was decent for around a half an hour but I experienced strain and poor digiscoping. Does anyone have any real world experience with the MeoPro? Is it better than, equal to, or not as good as the Razor? Speaking in terms of glass quality and FOV. I run a fair amount of Vortex optics but I’m leaning outside that realm.

Any input is appreciated. Before anyone mentions the S2, which ever spotter I pick up this year will be passed on to the wife when I can snag the S2 or ATS later on for myself. Thanks

I would go with the Meopro 100% is a hair better than the razor in my eyes. I did have one problem with it over the time I had it but I sent it to there new york office I believe and they send me a brand new one.... all and all was a smooth process. (something in the internals came loose and wouldn't focus) I owned one a couple seasons ago before I switched to Swaro HD and before the Meopro I had a first gen Razor.

OP
ZackP

ZackP

WKR
I would go with the Meopro 100% is a hair better than the razor in my eyes. I did have one problem with it over the time I had it but I sent it to there new york office I believe and they send me a brand new one.... all and all was a smooth process. (something in the internals came loose and wouldn't focus) I owned one a couple seasons ago before I switched to Swaro HD and before the Meopro I had a first gen Razor.
Awesome thanks! I suppose if I went the used route I could probably find the Razor even cheaper, but as it sits brand new there’s only a $200 difference in favor of the MeoPro.