Spotting scope help

Lukeduke13

Lil-Rokslider
Looking at the Zeiss conquest 85 spotting scope and the kowa 773. I can pick up the zeiss for about 500 or so cheaper. Is the kowa worth the extra? Wanted to see what you guys thought.
Thanks

A micro-quick search of previous threads came up with these, which you might find useful. Both spotters have also been reviewed on other sites.

orhunter1

FNG
Looking at the Zeiss conquest 85 spotting scope and the kowa 773. I can pick up the zeiss for about 500 or so cheaper. Is the kowa worth the extra? Wanted to see what you guys thought.
Thanks
I have been using Kowa 883 for few years to stargaze and watch wildlife and the optical quality is superb.

I would rather have a Swarovski STS/ATS. It is the benchmark spotting scope that everyone was trying to beat for YEARS. It is still a top contender to this day. If it wasn't then Swarovski would discontinue selling them and focus on the X and new C platforms. But they haven't.

Matt G.

WKR
Very difficult. i am running the kowa 774 due to price and balance of size. i think it is a great scope overall. if i were to do it again i may go with the ATS purely on size and weight. for the amount i use it the ATX is too much. The helical focus allows for compact packing vs the the finger nobs.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

tdhanses

WKR
I would rather have a Swarovski STS/ATS. It is the benchmark spotting scope that everyone was trying to beat for YEARS. It is still a top contender to this day. If it wasn't then Swarovski would discontinue selling them and focus on the X and new C platforms. But they haven't.
After owning both Swaro and Kowa, the ATS 80 HD with 25-50WA and the Kowa 773 with WA, i now only have a Kowa spotter, well 2 Kowa spotters. I’m not brand loyal, go with what my eyes like the best.