Spotting Scope Options for Daughter

pc3

WKR
Ok.....my daughter would like to emulate her bigger brother and myself and have her very own spotting scope. Have a little time on my hands, her birthday is in July, she is turning 10.

She has a little set of vortex vanquish binoculars which she loves (my son has those as well, and gee for the $$ they are good !!)

Anyway we are thinking compact for her...easier to carry etc. I want it to be useful for her I know the little ones lack in low light. She likes to watch animals etc. and eventually she wants to do some digiscoping.

So far I am thinking of these ones below which is the best glass ? (these are the products that are around the budget i am considering) son has a hawke and its damned good, what others should I consider ?;

She likes the look of the little Kowa.......I havent showed her the others yet the hawke ed compact looks nice.

Hawke Endurance ED 12-36x50 Angled Spotting Scope

Kowa TSN-501 Compact Spotting Scope

Hawke Endurance 16-48x68 Spotting Scope - Green #56100

DIAMONDBACK®
20-60X60

CorbLand

WKR
I would also suggest looking at the redfield rampages. They are pretty good for the price tag they carry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: pc3
That is awesome, good for you. I hope my daughters are interested in that stuff when they start getting a few more trips out.

I’ll add my two cents, I used to have a vortex nomad (diamondback now) 60mm. it actually wasn’t that bad of a scope as long as you kept it at ~35x and below. Good luck!

Reactions: pc3
OP
P

pc3

WKR
What budget?
No more expensive the the options listed......diamond back would be at the top of the budget. The small Hawke listed gets you ED glass.

I have to consider that if its to heavy it will be a hindrance for her....hence looking at the 50-65mm scopes.

I think it would be hard to beat the Vanguard Endeavor 65 for the price. I've used it side be side with the Vortex and the Vanguard was significantly better.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I think you should buy that Hawke in the classifieds and put it in the closet til her birthday.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk