Spotting scope Quick release/?

tracker12

WKR
I have a Swro 65 spotter and am using Manfroto Fluid head with quick release plate. I keep having trouble with the Spotter going loose from the plate. Any suggestions.

bigmooi

FNG
Maybe vibra-tite purple label, as it is supposed to never harden. In case you want to be able to swap plates with out worrying about destroying anything...

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

MikeDeltaFoxtrot

Lil-Rokslider
Interesting thread. I imagine your Swaro spotter mounts to the plate with 1/4-20 threads. That is what most cameras and triipods use as well as every spotter I have ever fooled with. That is a course thread pitch, designed to be screwed and unscrewed easily. QD plates came along later after it was already the standard. I check the screw mounting the plate to my Vortex Razor spotter every time I use it as a matter of habit.

I am interested to know your results trying thread locker. Not sure I would risk damage to the threads on an expensive optic like that, but I may be wrong.

Interesting thread. I imagine your Swaro spotter mounts to the plate with 1/4-20 threads. That is what most cameras and triipods use as well as every spotter I have ever fooled with. That is a course thread pitch, designed to be screwed and unscrewed easily. QD plates came along later after it was already the standard. I check the screw mounting the plate to my Vortex Razor spotter every time I use it as a matter of habit.

I am interested to know your results trying thread locker. Not sure I would risk damage to the threads on an expensive optic like that, but I may be wrong.

The 1/4-20 thread is a thread reducer, the foot is threaded 3/8-16