Spotting scope Quick release/?

tracker12

I have a Swro 65 spotter and am using Manfroto Fluid head with quick release plate. I keep having trouble with the Spotter going loose from the plate. Any suggestions.

bigmooi

Maybe vibra-tite purple label, as it is supposed to never harden. In case you want to be able to swap plates with out worrying about destroying anything...

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

MikeDeltaFoxtrot

Interesting thread. I imagine your Swaro spotter mounts to the plate with 1/4-20 threads. That is what most cameras and triipods use as well as every spotter I have ever fooled with. That is a course thread pitch, designed to be screwed and unscrewed easily. QD plates came along later after it was already the standard. I check the screw mounting the plate to my Vortex Razor spotter every time I use it as a matter of habit.

I am interested to know your results trying thread locker. Not sure I would risk damage to the threads on an expensive optic like that, but I may be wrong.

SomeJackassOnAForum

Interesting thread. I imagine your Swaro spotter mounts to the plate with 1/4-20 threads. That is what most cameras and triipods use as well as every spotter I have ever fooled with. That is a course thread pitch, designed to be screwed and unscrewed easily. QD plates came along later after it was already the standard. I check the screw mounting the plate to my Vortex Razor spotter every time I use it as a matter of habit.

I am interested to know your results trying thread locker. Not sure I would risk damage to the threads on an expensive optic like that, but I may be wrong.

The 1/4-20 thread is a thread reducer, the foot is threaded 3/8-16

MikeDeltaFoxtrot

The 1/4-20 thread is a thread reducer, the foot is threaded 3/8-16

Interesting. Which part is coming loose? Maybe loc-tite the thread reducer to the plate if that is the issue, then no risk of damage to the scope. I have seen similar setups with microphone clips attaching to mic stands.