WTB Spotting scope / Rangefinder for newbie

OP
B

bloom1gr

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I'm in Medford.
To be honest, if you are hunting local, a good pair of 8 or 10x binos and a tripod is all you need to get a good start here. If you end up wanting to go to eastern Oregon (most people end up doing it eventually) a decent spotter will help. But that sounds like a "later on" deal. If you are glassing for a "legal" animal and not judging inches, binos and a tripod are a great start. If you are wanting a 150 deer and not a 140... spotter.
Feel free to hit me up when you hit town.
I haven't been west enough to have a preference on the terrain, I'll just be happy to be out hunting. In the research that I've done, I haven't paid much attention to the hunting on the east side (southeast I'm assuming), unless you're referring to the complete opposite corner of the state along the Idaho border. That NE corner is a little further than I've looked into venturing for hunting at this point, but does look like amazing country. Would definitely like to link up once I'm in town if you'd be open to letting me tag along in season. Prob won't end up with a tag so you won't have to pass up on shooting haha

mmac

WKR
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
i have a Redfield Rampage that was my entry point into a spotter as a kit with mini tripod. Would sell for $150 if you pay shipping. Also, I have a Nikon 550 rangefinder, will add that for $100. Both work great, just upgraded over the years.