Spotting scope stand?

WesternMDShooter

Lil-Rokslider
Just got a new spotting scope been looking at all the big name tri pods. Looking for something I can pack around, and also I usually sit at my spots and glass so I won’t need one that is standing height. Thanks for the help. Also please give me real world reviews

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I have a Sirui carbon fiber travel tripod, no longer made but similar to the T-25. The Sirui ball head (also no longer made) that comes with it is very good. For your use, it sounds like that would work. I don't use the center column on mine.

Vanguard tripods work, but I would only buy one again if absolutely unable to get something nicer. The one I have has gone down the road.

FLM tripods are really nice. The FLM I have is too big for what you want, but if their smaller stuff has the same build and design quality you would not go wrong getting one.

Those are the brands I have owned, cannot speak to anything else. @Camera Land sells Sirui, they are a forum sponsor. S and S Archery is also a forum sponsor that sells tripods, though their selection is not as diverse. Both offer discounts to forum members, do give one or both a call.

Look for somthing that is carbon fiber, suports more than the load you plan to put on it, gets as tall as you need without the use of a center column, and has twist lock leg sections.

I use ball heads, many people prefer pan heads. A good ball head will let you set tension so you can move the scope without having to adjust tension. I'm trying out an FLM CB-18e ball head as it is very light, the design of this head does not allow moving the scope well without loosening it to the point of being floppy (the larger FLM heads do that very well), while it is around 3 ounces lighter than the Sirui head, it is not as user friendly.