Spotting Scope

tdhanses

WKR
I don't know, I have a Swarovski and it's only so-so. I've had it side by side with some other scopes at different matches, and it doesn't compare well. It's older, so I'm assuming the new stuff is better. It's puts a yellow tint on everything and just doesn't resolve detail like others I've looked through.

Have you ever considered sending it in to Swaro for a cleaning and to just go through it? Yes the newer models will be better with better lens coatings etc.

Also let Swaro know exactly what you said above.

CatfishKev

Lil-Rokslider
Another vote for decent 15s on a tripod. If you are on a budget the vanguard 264 AO can't be beat for the money and the fluid head is pretty decent. Can't beat a tripod and head combo for $140. Also consider a used pair of vortex viper, or vultures. You can get viper refurbs for $400.

Another vote for decent 15s on a tripod. If you are on a budget the vanguard 264 AO can't be beat for the money and the fluid head is pretty decent. Can't beat a tripod and head combo for $140. Also consider a used pair of vortex viper, or vultures. You can get viper refurbs for $400.
Agreed. I'd much rather look through a set of 15 on a tripod than a spotter in that price range.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

mcseal2

WKR
At that price point I'd just keep saving. If you don't you will end up buying a spotter or tripod you will end up getting rid of later. I'd try to buy once and buy quality in this order: Binos (12x if you don't already have a good 8x or 10x), Tripod/head, Spotter.

Eric4

Lil-Rokslider
I'd sit on that money, and at least aim for $300 to spend on a spotter. For me, when hunting, I'll look through my 15x63 bins for hours. There is no way I could do that with a spotting scope, as one-eyed viewing is quickly tiring.

What binoculars do you own now? Getting a quality mount, tripod, and head might benefit you more. It will also give you a better idea of what spotter to get, when it's time.

If you're set on a spotter, take a look into scopes 65mm or less. Buying used could get you better glass for your buck. Optolyth, opticron, kowa, nikon fieldscope, are high quality scopes that can be purchased for less than $300. I like the wide views of fixed eyepieces, but modern zooms don't tunnel as much as older eyepieces.