Spotting Scopes - Used ATS vs Meopta S2 82mm

peckb33

FNG
Looking into various 80mm spotting scopes with plans for upgrade to the ATX/BTX system in the next year or so, currently leaning towards either used ATS or Zeiss Gavia. Any input on glass greatly appreciated.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
May I suggest you take a peek at the Meopta MeoStar 82 HD - Angled & 20-70x Eyepiece #543240? We will be announcing these on sale at only $1,799.99 next week (we are accepting pre-orders now from the members here). I think you'll be very impressed and would most likely not see a reason to upgrade as this is an awesome scope, however, in a years time if you did decide to sell it you most likely would not lose any $$ on the transaction

tdhanses

WKR
May I suggest you take a peek at the Meopta MeoStar 82 HD - Angled & 20-70x Eyepiece #543240? We will be announcing these on sale at only $1,799.99 next week (we are accepting pre-orders now from the members here). I think you'll be very impressed and would most likely not see a reason to upgrade as this is an awesome scope, however, in a years time if you did decide to sell it you most likely would not lose any $$ on the transaction

That is a smoking good deal!!

Is this in preapration for a newer version or just an end of year sale? I freaking love my S2 and highly recommend people jump on them at that price!

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Is this in preapration for a newer version or just an end of year sale? I freaking love my S2 and highly recommend people jump on them at that price!
End of the year promotion.

We have been working with various mfg's in preparation for Black Friday - Christmas sales.

Other opportunities with Meopta we will be announcing will be on Meopro riflescopes:

3.5-10x44 RD BDC2's

4.5-14x44 BDC's

4.5-14x44 Z Plex

4.5-14x44 Z Plex Target

4.5-14x50 Z Plex Target

6.5-20x50 Z Plex Target

We've got some deals working with Bushnell on a few riflescopes:
LRTS

DMR2

AR 1-4x24mm FFP

With Steiner & Athlon on Riflescopes and Binoculars

We are plugging away to bring great opportunities to you

OP
P

peckb33

FNG

Will the meopta 30-60xWA eyepiece be on sale as well?

OP
P

peckb33

FNG
Do you run a 20-70x or 30-60xWA? If I was to go the meopta route thinking the wide angled eyepiece would be more beneficial glassing.

Do you run a 20-70x or 30-60xWA? If I was to go the meopta route thinking the wide angled eyepiece would be more beneficial glassing.
I run the 30-60xWA and LOVE IT! However, I sometimes wonder if the 20X would be better in first/last light due to the larger exit pupil. Once there is any sort of decent lighting, I'd never want anything other than the WA eyepiece because it is an absolutely stunning and vast image.

OP
P

peckb33

FNG

How long will Cameraland being running this sale on the Meopta?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly would keep an eye on the classifieds for a used ATS/STS HD with the 25-50 WA, I grabbed one for a screaming deal at $1,600 (65mm) and I can't imagine it'll lose any of that value.

OP
P

peckb33

FNG
Used ATS 80mm vs picking up a new Meopta Meostar S2 82mm?

The reviews I’ve read about the S2 seem like a pretty affordable option for a spotting scope that can hold its own with the Alpha glass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
With the $1,799.99 deal we will be offering on the Meopta S2 20-70x82 I think it's fair to say that you can use it for a while and if you feel it is not for you it can be resold without a loss.
Just my $.02
Doug

Plumb Bob

FNG
I have run the S2 20-60 wide angle the last two years and have been very impressed with it's glass.