Spotting scopes with mil reticle

Dcrafton

WKR
I currently have and love my Kowa 883,
But I am throwing around the idea of getting a spotter with a mil reticle.
I’ve read reviews on what I could find.
Hoping I could get some first hand information.
This would be used for PRS type shooting and long range shooting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For PRS type competitions I use a Bushnell Elite Tactical LMSS 8-40X60 with the H-32 reticle. It is perfect for calling corrections with the 0.2 MIL grid rather than saying 2 targets up and a half a target to the left. Also, the lowest setting of 8x is nice when mirage messes up anything above 20x or when you are looking at wind speed in the grass at 200, 400 and 600 yards when a minimum of 20x would be too much. It is perfect for long distance shooting. It won't replace my Meostar S2 for hunting and digiscoping, but it still has decent glass and H-32 reticle is perfect for calling in precise second shots. I've also used it to zero a few scopes with MIL clicks without wasting a whole box of ammo.

I have used the Leupold Mark 4 12-40x60 spotter with the H-32 reticle and it is also very nice. Nightforce, Vortex, Meopta, Hendsoldt and a few others also offer an eyepiece with a ranging reticle. But many of those eyepieces are at a set power like 22x or 24x so I would look for a scope that is FFP so the reticle is usable throughout. The Athlon Ares 15-45x60 mentioned above has a reticle eyepiece set at 22x but if you want to go Athlon the Cronus Tactical 7-42×60 Spotting Scope is FFP so the MIL reticle is good the whole range.

JW@TRACT

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Might I suggest the TORIC Spotting Scope with 30x Eyepiece with an MRAD ELR reticle?

The eyepiece is specifically designed for the PRS shooter. Featuring an offset reticle that does not obscure FOV while still allowing for precise target measurement and follow up shot correction. It has 19mm of eye relief and a reticle grid that provides larger hash marks every 1 MRAD and .5 MRAD as well as smaller hash marks every .2 MRAD that would give you a more accurate range estimation as well as visuals for elevation and windage correction.

Anyways, just wanted to throw that out there. Best of luck!

Eyepiece: https://tractoptics.com/spotting-scopes/30x-spotting-scope-eyepiece-with-mrad-elr-reticle
Scope: https://tractoptics.com/spotting-scopes/toric-uhd-27-55x80-angled-spotting-scope