spray paint to camo a jacket?

AKHUNTER

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone taken say a black synthetic jacket and spray painted some camo designs on it with spray paint to break up the solid color? Or any other color jacket? I was thinking of buying a non-hunting brand, non-camo, realtively cheap puffy jacket and spray painting some camo color on it. I was just wondering if others have done this and if it would look hideous or not! I might try it...

TBHasler

WKR
Do it for sure and post pics once completed. My wife thinks most Camo, that I love, is hideous. I say go for it.

Pigdog

Lil-Rokslider
It'll work, I used to do it all the time. My advice would be to start with a lighter colored original garment though. If you start with black it will turn out really dark. Works great if you start with tan, or even gray and add green, brown and some black to that.

matthewmt

WKR
I have a leafy top in fusion brand new for sale

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

So glad you asked this question - was thinking the same thing. Picked up and el-cheapo Eddie Bauer at Sam’s for $20 and wanted to breakup the mono-color. It claims to have a DWR coating, so ???

Did you have any luck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've taken light colored fleece clothes and added green, brown, and black by using Sharpie markers. It will work for several years before fading. The green tends to turn bluish. But, it's really easy to just touch up again.

There are three sizes of sharpies: fine point, regular, and the really fat wide marker.

I would love to see some pics of this lol. At first it seems ridiculous but the more I think about it, it could work?

i know of a guy who tried to make his Carhartt jacket orange. turned it pink. be careful lol...

I used to use paint to darken faded camo for turkey hunting.

It works but one run through the washer usually loses most of the paint.