Spring 2016 Kansas City get together

Several folks had expressed interested in a Kansas City get together to meet, talk hunting, and to bring some gear for others to check out first hand. Locations mentioned were the archery range at Shawnee Mission Park or Mill Creek Rifle Club in DeSoto. I think the better place depends on how many people are interested and of course if folks are wanting to shoot firearms.

Dates...I'm thinking before our turkey season would be nice, wanted to throw out the weekend of April 2-3 and see what you guys think. If you're interested but that weekend doesn't work for you please comment and suggest an alternate date. Also comment on your preference for location, and of course alternate suggestions are welcome.

UPDATED WITH DETAILS:

April 2, 2016, 10AM
Shawnee Mission Park shelter #11 on the east side of lake MAP --> http://jcprd.com/park_admin/pdf/smp-map.pdf
No alcohol allowed in the park.
Maybe lunch/beer afterwards.
Contact me at mobile phone 913.633.2265, Jon

Last edited:

c h r i s

FNG
I'm down for any of the 3 proposed places. As for dates 4/2-4/3 works for me but the following weekend is spoken for.

Look forward to getting something set up. I've got a new kifaru frame I could use some tips on and appear to need some help swapping stays on.

dotman

WKR
Yeah there are enough of us around Chris shouldn't be an issue getting you setup.

Last edited:

colonel00

WKR
I should be in town for the 2&3rd as well., The shooting range is fun but I wonder if it will be a challenge to actually talk about stuff with shooting going one. Meeting at the park would probably be a better idea. We can use a shelter if necessary and it would be more conducive to discussions and sharing gear. If we want to shoot at the archery range, remember that you are supposed to have a permit.

c h r i s

FNG
I should be in town for the 2&3rd as well., The shooting range is fun but I wonder if it will be a challenge to actually talk about stuff with shooting going one. Meeting at the park would probably be a better idea. We can use a shelter if necessary and it would be more conducive to discussions and sharing gear. If we want to shoot at the archery range, remember that you are supposed to have a permit.

Colonel00 if you have any patterns for your diy sewing projects I like an opportunity to trace a few.

colonel00

WKR
Hmm, I don't have any patterns per se but we can talk about all of that. Most of the stuff I have done is just from a measured rectangle of material.

OP
Dos Perros
Let's do Shawnee Mission Park. We can grab one of those shelter spaces somewhere, table tops to lay out gear and plenty of green space to set up tents. I'll volunteer to get there a little early and grab one for us. If we did it in the morning then afterwards we could grab lunch and a beer.

colonel00

WKR
Which day? Saturday or Sunday? I guess we can wait a little to see what the weather will do if we want.

Also, if the weather is decent, I'll bring a couple PR-49's if anyone wants to float around the lake.