Spring 2016 Kansas City get together

OP
Dos Perros
All,

I reserved shelter #11 at Shawnee Mission Park for this. It's right around the east side of the lake on the inlet. Please reference this map:

http://jcprd.com/park_admin/pdf/smp-map.pdf

We have the shelter from 8AM to 1:30PM. Let's kick this thing off at 10AM. FYI there's no alcohol allowed in the park. I had suggested a lunch/beer afterwards for folks interested but unfortunately I won't be able to partake as I'll be on daddy duty.

If anyone wants to join me I'll be there early, 8:30 or so, to take my sandbag and pack for a walk on the paved trails to the west of and below the dam. There is also an archery range on the SW side of the lake but it requires a $15 permit good for the calendar year. You can get a permit at the office on the east entrance or also at local Wal-Marts, Scheels, etc (whoever sells hunting/fishing licenses).

I can be reached at 913.633.2265, name is Jon. Looking forward to meeting some new folks and seeing some new gear. I'll update the first post in the thread as well.

OP
Dos Perros
Well folks I think we had a successful rally. One brave soul even made the three hour drive from Wichita. It was nice to meet some other gear-aholics. We welcomed a California transplant to the area and I think managed to point him in the right direction for some gobblers and more. I myself learned about a completely new (to me) way to hunt deer out of a tree, do yourself a favor and google "saddle hunting" if you're not familiar, wild stuff. Thanks to all who attended.

Redmech

FNG
This looked like fun. Any pics? Adam and I were out hiking and camping and prepping for our elk hunt, otherwise would of been neat to have made it.

colonel00

WKR
I don't know that there were any pics taken Redmech. It was good to meet so many guys and hopefully we can maybe put something else together before fall gets here.

ahcraig87

FNG
It was great to meet everyone! Thanks for some recommendations on where to find some gobblers and deer. We should set something else up at some point.

avluey

FNG
I'd definitely like to attend the next one if able. Headed to Wyoming 8-22 September, definitely want to do this in October before the rut starts picking up right?

OP
Dos Perros
Hey guys my fall is quite occupied, so someone else should take the lead and organize this.

Some dates you might try to avoid...theres an antlerless early rifle season in KS for a weekend in Oct, folks might use that to get wives and kids involved and stock the freezer. The upland stuff starts second weekend of Nov. I would guess late Oct would get most participation but please speak up if you believe different.