Spring Alaska bear hunt on the cheap.

Should be getting into Alaska early may this year was thinking about trying to snag a bear before i fly into camp. What would be the best DIY route for a guy on the cheap? Run a bait somewhere between Anchorage and Fairbanks? How long does a bait normally take to become active? OR a spot in stalk eleswhere? I have bear hunted in Idaho so know the baiting game just never up in Alaska. Any info would be great!
Max

WRO

WKR
Are there areas that you can access by the road system that are decent hunting?
It's been a few years but any of the salmon bearing drainages are good, Tustamena lake could be good as well.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

WRO

WKR
There are alot of trails around coopers landing worth a look..

Some of them have lakes you could have a hide flown out of for a reasonable price

OP
martensmax
There are alot of trails around coopers landing worth a look..

Some of them have lakes you could have a hide flown out of for a reasonable price

I will check a map out !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arctic_Beaver

Lil-Rokslider
Spot and Stalk on the Kenai Peninsula as mentioned above is your best bet. You could pick a trail, and hike in a ways or you could drive and glass from the Seward or Sterling highway pullouts. I would disagree with the recommendation of "Anchorage to Palmer" above. There are certain valleys you can hike into a ways off the Glenn highway to get into areas open to hunting, but just lots military land, private land, and closed areas to do any kind of spot and stalk from the Glenn highway between Anchorage and Palmer.