Spring bear Idaho near Atlanta

tculv

FNG
Looking for input on the Atlanta Springs area of Idaho. Debating whether to hit this area or go to Unit 27 for the reduced tag. Thanks in advance for the input.

WoolyBugger

Lil-Rokslider
Was there last year, did see a fair amount of other hunters. Didn't hear any shots the week we were there but it was fairly early in the season. A lot of the roads were open

That's interesting. Early June is usually iffy for access. People are always trying to make it in there to float the river and struggle with the road. The bear numbers are huntable in 27, at least decent, so that's an option. Some units don't have many bears.

WoolyBugger

Lil-Rokslider
That's interesting. Early June is usually iffy for access. People are always trying to make it in there to float the river and struggle with the road. The bear numbers are huntable in 27, at least decent, so that's an option. Some units don't have many bears.
We were near the Atlanta area mid may and were able to get on most roads that we wanted to. We were in a very nimble zr2 colorado truck, I dont know if maybe we were somewhere we weren't supposed to be but we got some weird looks from people that were riding dirt bikes and atv's on the higher elevation roads

Oh sorry, I was talking about unit 27. The Middle Fork Zone is hard to access in spring bear season. The area near Atlanta is normally decent except the high elevation roads.

WoolyBugger

Lil-Rokslider
Oh sorry, I was talking about unit 27. The Middle Fork Zone is hard to access in spring bear season. The area near Atlanta is normally decent except the high elevation roads.
Was last winter a lighter winter too? I figured there would have been snow still in spots when we were there