Spring/Deep Creek Fire- Green Mountain Reservoir, CO

Does anybody in CO have any info on the Spring/Deep Creek fire near Green Mountain Reservoir in CO? We are leaving tonight to hunt within 10 miles north of there.

I’ve read the most recent articles but am wondering if anyone lives around there has anymore info?

Thanks

squirrel

WKR
Very fluid situation right now I watched yesterday after calling it in to 911 and it went from a little plume to a nuclear shaped mushroom in 20 minutes, took another 20 for the first sirens to show up, they've evacuated a bit heavily in my opinion but after seeing what is happening elsewhere it is understandable to over react a bit. Was up on dice hill after moose just two days ago and all the perennial streams were bone dry, it is absolutely brutal conditions and huge influx of hunters will not help.

OP
TCUHunter34
Very fluid situation right now I watched yesterday after calling it in to 911 and it went from a little plume to a nuclear shaped mushroom in 20 minutes, took another 20 for the first sirens to show up, they've evacuated a bit heavily in my opinion but after seeing what is happening elsewhere it is understandable to over react a bit. Was up on dice hill after moose just two days ago and all the perennial streams were bone dry, it is absolutely brutal conditions and huge influx of hunters will not help.
Are you just hunting in the area or do you live there? Hopefully you’re safe, most importantly

Looks like they are throwing every resource in the county at it. Hopefully it will be 100% contained in a day or two. I would expect the road closures to continue for several days though for clean up and observation.

def90

WKR
It’s still pretty small and is located northwest of the reservoir. Think they are dumping a ton of retardant on it to keep it that way. Between that fire and the one west of Ft Collins planes have been in and out of the air tanker base at Jeffco airfield all day long.

granite7

Lil-Rokslider
The creeks in that area have been bone dry since July.

Edited: here’s the closure area.

5afac61617f274b014e1802628748de0.jpg

Last edited:

Riplip

WKR
As of last night fire was mostly contained. They jumped on this very quickly and had over 80 ground crew and 9 aircraft at one point. Got very close to a few homes in Shadow Creek Ranch. Spring Creek Road is still closed as of this morning.

Aluminum Rain

Lil-Rokslider
Are the Federal closures still in place? That mustve been a shocker for hunters showing up the Friday before 1st rifle.