Spring Turkey

fishdart

Lil-Rokslider
This will be only my third season hunting turkeys. I started hunting spring gobblers because the mild weather makes a good time to get my youngster (now 7) out hunting without worrying about him being cold. We use a blind and I give him the box yelper so he gets to help call in the birds. He loves it and enjoys eating the meat too.

bradb

WKR
Cant wait to have tom's hammering on the way in! Who the hell knows if I will be able to make my annual KS trip, I think this would be 19 straight. Was planning on NE also this year, but we will see.

OP
W
Cant wait to have tom's hammering on the way in! Who the hell knows if I will be able to make my annual KS trip, I think this would be 19 straight. Was planning on NE also this year, but we will see.
ya things are crazy right now....Have fun on whatever your able to do.

OP
W
This will be only my third season hunting turkeys. I started hunting spring gobblers because the mild weather makes a good time to get my youngster (now 7) out hunting without worrying about him being cold. We use a blind and I give him the box yelper so he gets to help call in the birds. He loves it and enjoys eating the meat too.
Thats awesome. Mentor the next Generation 👍

Turkeyfreak12

Lil-Rokslider
Im excited. Since work has me teleworking I decided to go down to Tennessee for the opener and spend the week down in their at my cabin. Then will have to wait for the Michigan opener. Ive got gobbler fever right now

Lukem

WKR
I'm going to Tennessee from Colorado. I will be socially distanced inside my car on the way to and from. I will be socially distanced in the woods chasing Turkey. Outdoor exercise and hiking are allowed. Turkey hunting is both.
Camping? Hotel? Buying gas?

pk_

WKR
I'm going to Tennessee from Colorado. I will be socially distanced inside my car on the way to and from. I will be socially distanced in the woods chasing Turkey. Outdoor exercise and hiking are allowed. Turkey hunting is both.
Not to be a jerk but why? Especially now?Looking for an eastern specifically?

I feel a bit irresponsible driving just 2 hours to chase turkeys this weekend...I mean what if I get into a car wreck or get hurt in the woods or drop my phone into a creek(idk how easy it would be to get a phone replaced rn). Not a good time for stupid things to happen. Idk maybe I am over thinking it??

86indy

Lil-Rokslider
I'm debating trying to get a tag this year otc in my home state, but its all new to me. Any tips on hunting scratches?

mmcdonough

Lil-Rokslider
Still waiting for the snow to melt up here in MN. Archery opener is less than 3 weeks away so hopefully this crap starts melting in the next week. I could hike back in with my mucks but it would be a pain the a$$ to get to my spots. I still have over a foot of that white crap in my yard right now.

Overnight solo camped on our hunt club island last night. A little social distancing. Surrounded by toms this morning, but none would come in. Pulling out the gate a huge tom about 50 yards away started strutting for my truck! Kept it up for a good five minutes, then disappeared into the woods as I got out to grab my gun. Pretty sure I heard a raspberry as he disappeared into the forest. Asshole turkey. 😁🍗🦃

20200326_194650.jpg20200327_080311.jpg