Springfield Armory Announces Gear Up Promotion

For anybody looking for a new striker-fired pistol, I just saw this on Guns & Ammo online.

The new Springfield Armory Gear Up promotion gives striker-fired pistol customers three additional magazines and a dual pistol bag bearing the company's Crossed Canon logo. Pistols from the original XD through the newest XD-M Elite and Hellcat variants are eligible. Customers who purchase any striker-fired pistol product during the promotion qualify.

The Gear Up program will run from July 1st, 2022 through August 31st, 2022. Eligible buyers will receive three additional magazines and a Springfield Armory dual pistol bag for free, with a retail value of up to $150.

OP
jjohnsonElknewbie
I don't own one (yet) and haven't heard anything bad about them. I kinda like the idea of getting the Springfield XDM Elite with 6- 22 round mags and a nice range bag for less then $550 though...

I bought the elite compact 10mm a few months ago. Can’t say anything bad about it yet. I’ve got plenty of glocks and Sigs to compare it to. With this deal I might pick up another XD. Thanks for the heads up.

sndmn11

WKR
I haven't read this promotion, but be sure to read it fully. I bought a hellcat during one of these promotions, but the fine print was that it has to be from a very few select dealers. It was designed that way so some dealers who were behind sales goals could catch up.

IMO, there are too many solid industry partners around to support Springfield. I don’t own anything off theirs and never will. To each his own.

Gutshotem

WKR
They probably wouldn't have to come up with these lousy promotions if they hadn't gotten caught trying to screw over gun owners in their own state. SA and RRA are scumbag companies.

Gutshotem

WKR
Can you provide more information or point me to what you're talking about? I hadn't hear about this.

OP
jjohnsonElknewbie
I saw that one, and the bill never passed. Here is what I found on the subject fwiw and this was from 2020.

"Springfield Armory is no stranger to controversy. In 2017, the company earned considerable ire from the gun-owning community for first opposing and then retracting its opposition to the proposed Illinois Gun Dealer Licensing Act (SB1657). The bill would have required arms dealers in the state to obtain state-level licensure. Illinois gun dealers already require federal-level licensure.

Many gun enthusiasts saw Springfield’s about-face as a “selling out” of gun owners, pointing out that the gun manufacturer would have received an exemption — a “carve-out” — in exchange for withdrawing their opposition to the bill.

That controversy has now passed, with a Springfield spokesperson saying they were “ill-informed of the ramifications of [the] bill.” The gunmaker has since pivoted back to “100 percent” opposition to SB1657. As of April 28, 2018, SB1657 has not become law."

Gutshotem

WKR
Yes, when the slimey $hit they were doing got out and the backlash started, they were forced to flip flop and the governor ended up vetoing the bill. Their true colors came out when they thought no one was looking.

Yes, when the slimey $hit they were doing got out and the backlash started, they were forced to flip flop and the governor ended up vetoing the bill. Their true colors came out when they thought no one was looking.
Exactly. It's not often that you get to see a company's true colors. When they come out, pay attention.

There is nothing that Springfield Armory, Inc makes that I can't get from a company whose views on the 2A align more closely with my own.

We are not known as being a forgiving or forgetful group of people.

tony

WKR
Damn I was really liking that 1911 operator pistol
Looked at one of those M1 tanker and I think socom scout rifles
SA is really proud of those looking at the prices