Springfield Armory Waypoint 2020 Pre Review.

I just bought one in the man bun 6.5 (creed) šŸ¤£. I wanted something for trigger time and possibly Antelope, maybe deer in certain places. I pulled the scope rail, loctited the screws, tightened the action screws, turned the trigger down to 2.7lbs, cleaned it and put a Vortex PST gen 2 5-25x50 on it. Shot one shot, on paper, cleaned it, moved the scope and shot the next three cleaning between each shot. Then cleaned and shot a 3 shot group right before i ran out of shooting light. This was just Hornady American Gunner 140 hpbt ammo. Shot way better than i expected.
I cant seem to get pictures to load for some reason, but the two groups were .480" and .302" according to BallisticX

Last edited:

Oakman

Lil-Rokslider
I just got it together today (6.5cm). It weights in at 11 lbs the way you see it. I haven't made it to the range yet but if it ever stops raining I will be there. I can't wait.
View attachment 408651

Nice set up, I am looking for 6.5 PRC, it's hard to come by,
DId you have the time to shoot it, how does it perform, What suppressor is that?

enjoy

OP
joelbiltz

joelbiltz

WKR
Hello guys, I wanted to reach out and tell you guys that this will be the extent of my review. If you have any questions on the Waypoint please reach out either here or via PM. I had intended to do a full review but unfortunately life threw me the biggest curveball ever. On October 8th 2021 my wife of almost 20 years, 42 years old unexpectedly passed away of a heart attack. She was very health not overweight, was a PE teacher and walked/jogged 3-4 miles a night. Sometimes things just donā€™t make sense. I am now busy raising our twins Bentley and Bailey and in between work, coaching and spending time with my kids keeping them busy I just not finding time to do a full written review at this time. I hope you all got a little bit out of this, and those of you that bought a Waypoint from the recommendation on this thread are enjoying the rifle. I will continue to stay active on here as time allows and on those sleepless nights. Until then shoot straight and kill some giants!!

FLH

Lil-Rokslider
Hello guys, I wanted to reach out and tell you guys that this will be the extent of my review. If you have any questions on the Waypoint please reach out either here or via PM. I had intended to do a full review but unfortunately life threw me the biggest curveball ever. On October 8th 2021 my wife of almost 20 years, 42 years old unexpectedly passed away of a heart attack. She was very health not overweight, was a PE teacher and walked/jogged 3-4 miles a night. Sometimes things just donā€™t make sense. I am now busy raising our twins Bentley and Bailey and in between work, coaching and spending time with my kids keeping them busy I just not finding time to do a full written review at this time. I hope you all got a little bit out of this, and those of you that bought a Waypoint from the recommendation on this thread are enjoying the rifle. I will continue to stay active on here as time allows and on those sleepless nights. Until then shoot straight and kill some giants!!
Wow, Joel. I rarely appear or post here but found your rifle thread and read it through until I got to this post.

I'm very sorry for your loss and understand all the emotions that go with it. Your boys will be a rock that helps you weather the storm. If you have faith of a religious type, exercise it and lean on it more than ever. I have and found it the only lifesaver during storms in my life that threatened to end my life.

Either way, best thoughts and hopes for you and your boys....

Oakman

Lil-Rokslider
Sorry to hear that Joe, it is indeed hard to find yourself responsible for every single aspect of your life and your beloved kids as well. I know how it feels.
Everything in life starts small and gets bigger with time except death, it hits hard, it hits big and we make space to fit it in our bigger goals in life. Your success in raising Bentley and Bailey will create that space.
Stay strong, please PM if I can be of any help.

Nice set up, I am looking for 6.5 PRC, it's hard to come by,
DId you have the time to shoot it, how does it perform, What suppressor is that?

enjoy
I got mine on gunbroker. I would keep an eye out there. The suppressor is a YHM Titanium phantom with a Tab cover. I haven't got a chance to shoot it yet with all the rain we have been getting. I will let you know when I do.

Very sorry to here Joe.

541hunter

WKR

Sorry for your loss. I canā€™t even imagine what you and your kids have been through. Prayers sent your way. Stay strong.

mooster

WKR
Sorry to hear Joel, hope you and kids are doing well as one could. Just can't imagine.

To follow up on my earlier post of using the waypoint. I went to a local long range, and quite simply walked the guy out to 1,000 yds. Orange center is 4" diameter. This was my only shot @ 1,000. I simply wanted to enjoy it.
1000 yard waypoint 2020  15may22.jpg

I remain extremely impressed by the accuracy of the gun, and overall features incorporated.

Last edited:

KeenEye

FNG
Incredibly sorry to hear about your loss Joel. Hope you are and your children are doing well.

For those that have asked about expanded caliber options for the Waypoint, I just got off the phone with customer service and they stated as of right now there are no plans to expand. The biggest issue is due to the supply problem with the barrels. They are having a hard enough time getting the barrels for the calibers they currently have and donā€™t want to expand because of this.

Wapiti151

WKR
Anyone seen the stainless barrels yet?
talked to SA today, they are still not producing any stainless barreled rifles. They hope to have these hit stores in the fall, but according to what they told me, sourcing them is much harder than sourcing their CF barrels at this point. I pulled the trigger this morning, now I wait.

I just got it together today (6.5cm). It weights in at 11 lbs the way you see it. I haven't made it to the range yet but if it ever stops raining I will be there. I can't wait.

View attachment 408651
Target pic.jpg
OK, I wanted to follow up after I finally got a chance to do some shooting. So the 5 on the bottom of the target was the first day I shot it. I forgot to check the trigger before I took it to the range and when I took the first shot it was waaaaay to heavy. I am normally a very good shot and after the first 5 shoots I thought I got a turd. So I'm not panicking yet (maybe a little). I took the gun home and adjusted the trigger (I love trigger tech) and cleaned the barrel. The next day I went back to the range. The first shot is in the upper right corner. This is with a clean barrel. Next shot was the top one in the top group. The next three was right where they should be. The last three measures right at .5". After being a little scared it is coming around. I was hoping for a .5" gun and I think that's what I got.

DLIP

Lil-Rokslider
Extremely interested picking one of these up in 6.5 cm with CF barrel and non adjustable stock. Handled one at Scheels and it was super nice.

Was set on a tikka action, proof sendero/lite and same AG stock but for the price of one of the Waypoints new ($2k on GB), itā€™s hard to not just buy one of these.

Any ideas on the performance/quality of BSF barrels versus Proof or Carbon Six?

36Fan

FNG
6.5 Creed with cf barrel and adjustable stock seems non existent right now?