Springfield M1A Standard...should I buy?

Wapiti151

WKR
Hey all, wanted to get your expertise on this.

I have an opportunity to get a M1A at a pretty good price. I have checked gun broker and some other locations, they seem moderately hard to find right now other than on GB and it seems like the going rate is around $1700 for a standard issue. The one i found is a used, but NIB rifle.

What are prices that you're seeing out there, are they hard to find right now? May keep it or may sell it after I get my chance to play with it...but don't know how the values have fluctuated in the past or if they hold their value well.

Thanks for all the input from the M1A guys!

Last edited:

Wvroach

WKR
Not sure what $ you are getting it for.

Psa will run sales through the year I see them commonly for $1200 and socoms going for $1500 normally so 1700 would be out of the question for me.

I'd consider a good deal below 1200 and would probably buy to have another around 1100 for a new "used" one.

They are fun to shoot and decently accurate though. It is all a matter of what you want and how badly you want it. Look on palmetto though and sign up for the email list as they get them every couple months.

OP
Wapiti151

Wapiti151

WKR
Thanks for the info. This was at $1300, it seemed low compared to when I see them in passing…but maybe I was thinking retail. I think I will probably pass of I could get a new one for the same