Springfield waypoint comparable rifles

I’ve been looking for a new rifle in 6.5 creed moor and the Springfield is the one that checks all the boxes for me. However it’s a unicorn at the moment which got me looking for something similar that’s available. I’m new to the whole high end rifle idea so I wanted your guys opinions on what’s out there that is comparable in price of around $2000. I’ve already checked out Bergara, Christensen, Sako, Tikka and the Christensen comes close aside for the stock being miserable. My wants are stainless steel, carbon barrel, 700 action and the AG stock that is on the waypoint. I’d also like to stick with the BSF barrel because it just makes sense. I work with composite materials and all the wrapped barrels have always worried me.

So what are some unknown rifle companies that a guy who only knows major brands never heard of that make budget friendly customs. I’ve also debated doing my first build but I can’t see it being beneficial cost wise.

Buzby

WKR
I’m pretty sure there are no other factory rifle with your requirements. AG stock, bsf barrel, 700 action. You can wait for the waypoint or you’ll have to have a custom rifle built that is a waypoint clone.

chadcharb

Lil-Rokslider
I've seen waypoints popping up on gunbroker fairly regularly with decent prices as well. The real hard part is finding one in prc rather than Creedmoor

There are waypoints on Gun Broker in 6.5 Creedmoor all the time. You just have to keep an eye on there. There is really nothing else comparable. I've seen other people comparing this rifle to some of the Christiansen offerings or the Savage 110 ultralight, but there's really no comparison. To have a Remington 700 footprint with the carbon barrel (same barrel that weatherby uses on there Mark V carbon mark that cost twice the price) and the AG composites stock which in my opinion is the best stock maker out there, The Triggertech trigger which is the best bolt action trigger on the planet, they're just isn't anything else. Springfield really raised the bar with this one. I absolutely love Bergara and Wby rifles, but if Springfield comes out with new waypoint chamberings in 2022 in something more powerful that interests me, such as the 300 WSM or 300 win mag, I'll be buying one.

Boss_302

FNG
I have been looking for a while but can’t seem to find one, it sounds like I’ll have to be patient

Xbow hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Get with Alamo Precision Rifles and have them build you one similar. I don’t think you will be disappointed from what I have read. I will be having them build me a 300 WSM this summer.

Boss_302

FNG
I will reach out to them, I am also planning on reaching out to Horizon Firearms. The appeal of the waypoint is the value for quality you get in the package

idahodave

WKR
I'll put my money on a Seekins Havak shooting against any "off the rack" rifle made. Similar price to the Waypoint, and similar specs.

dave

Whats the purpose of it?

Hunting or long range/ELR? If its hunting, the badrock would be interesting..its a HEAVY setup. My rifle and case shipped were something like 23 lbs..

You can also order the badrock barreled action (or any other brand build on a rem 700 footprint), and with it being rem 700 footprint, throw it in whatever chassis/stock you want (AG one by the sound of it), instead of buying a completed rifle and paying for a stock you dont like.