Springfield Waypoint Rifle Reviews?

Has anyone seen one in person or shot one? Other than springfield not having a track record for building rifles, the rifle seems perfect for my needs (wish it came in a more powerful caliber than a 308)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Versydus

WKR
I got to fondle a 6.5cm today. Carbon barrel with the evergreen non adjustable stock.

Damn light, had a smooth bolt throw with a neat curve on the bolt arm for scope clearance. Bolt felt considerably tighter tolerance than the CA Ridgeline that was right next to it yet glided to full pull and back. Locked down nicely. Fit and finish on the metal work was there.

Stock was light but extremely stiff, came up to the shoulder well, I got a nice cheek weld standing there. Had a 20 MOA rail that seemed just about right for some low rings and a 50mm objective lense. I'm a camo stock guy and this one was pretty sweet.

I don't need another 6.5cm but it's there... Calling me

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Nomosendero

Lil-Rokslider
I got to fondle a 6.5cm today. Carbon barrel with the evergreen non adjustable stock.

Damn light, had a smooth bolt throw with a neat curve on the bolt arm for scope clearance. Bolt felt considerably tighter tolerance than the CA Ridgeline that was right next to it yet glided to full pull and back. Locked down nicely. Fit and finish on the metal work was there.

Stock was light but extremely stiff, came up to the shoulder well, I got a nice cheek weld standing there. Had a 20 MOA rail that seemed just about right for some low rings and a 50mm objective lense. I'm a camo stock guy and this one was pretty sweet.

I don't need another 6.5cm but it's there... Calling me

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk
I had a similar experience, stopped by a LGS and handled a Waypoint right after a CA Ridgeback and a couple of others. I see a lot of good press for the CA, esp. on LRO and no doubt it is a good rifle. To me, the forend on the CA seems to have a little flex, maybe it doesn't effect the Carbon Barrel much, that I don't know. But the stock on the Waypoint seems VERY rigid and the rifle felt very nice overall. I have to learn more before I lay down that much cash but I really like what I see.

joelbiltz

WKR
I just found one in stock and ordered. 22” 6.5 CM with Carbon fiber bbl. I’ll start a thread as soon as I get my hands on it next week.

Mschroeder40

Lil-Rokslider
I'm very interested also. I have handled one, fit and finish is on par with some custom stuff. Heads up also springfield armory also offers a mil/veteran discount. They have lists of dealers that you can order from at a discounted price.

joelbiltz

WKR
Guys, I got my hands on a Waypoint 6.5 Creedmoor. I am doing a review of it and will continue through this falls hunting season. Please join the sticky thread up top in this forum and ask questions if you have any. Thanks.

Last edited:
I finally got mine in this past Friday in the 6.5 Creedmoor. Hoping the TBAC adaptor is done in the next couple of hours.