Springy Arrow rest

Has anyone used the Springy Arrow rest that Three Rivers carries on there hunting bow and if so what are your thoughts on it.

Tartan

WKR
I really like it. I've been running a modified bear weather rest on a wood risers for a couple of years and recently started using a springy. I prefer the springy if you have a plunger hole. Just more options to refine the tune. I'm even running AAE max stealth vanes and getting plenty of clearance.

you'll definitely need to trim it and use shrink tubing or something to quiet it.

lumis17

Lil-Rokslider
Springy rests are very durable, but I never cared for the maintenance required to quiet them down. The spring always had a twang at the shot for me. If you search on other forums you’ll see people use stuff like moleskin, silicone, plastic tubing, and tape to keep them quiet.

I love my springy rest. Easy to tune and maintain. I also use shrink tubing to keep it quiet. I just ordered another Norris springy to put on my WARF.

milunchbox

Lil-Rokslider
I would go with the original instead of the micro tune rest. My 2 buddies and I all shot the micros and if you ever tighten the set screw for the spring you run the chance of breaking the post. I’ve had it happen twice and I’ve heard of other people doing it. It doesn’t take much at all to break the post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

milunchbox

Lil-Rokslider
09dd14234dc157354eb8ddd682f7e576.jpg

bobinmi

WKR
thats good info, I was thinking of upgrading from the original to the micro tune because it just looks a lot nicer on the bow. I use the red tube from a WD40 bottle to quiet the rest
I would go with the original instead of the micro tune rest. My 2 buddies and I all shot the micros and if you ever tighten the set screw for the spring you run the chance of breaking the post. I’ve had it happen twice and I’ve heard of other people doing it. It doesn’t take much at all to break the post.

Kentucky

WKR

This happened to me.. I tapped the post and screwed springy directly to it.. inevitability I just got the standard… can’t really go wrong there..

you can cut some of the extra length off if you don’t like it sticking way out on the side of bow.. but it doesn’t matter..

So do you still recommend them even if the Boyer who made the bow does not? Says the bow was made to shoot off the shelf?