SPUHR tikka mounts

Most smiths that blueprint then tap them 8-40. Most custom actions are running similar as well, along with being pinned. The fact that you can use a recoil lug on the tikkas also helps. I couldn’t see buying rings or a rail without a lug for a tikka.
I'm still waiting on my scope(new Vortex FFP LHT) so I still have time to switch. I'm not a huge fan of the 1 piece mount and only have 1 Tikka so far. Do they have individual rings in 30mm in a medium to high height?

OP
L

Lawnboi

WKR
I'm still waiting on my scope(new Vortex FFP LHT) so I still have time to switch. I'm not a huge fan of the 1 piece mount and only have 1 Tikka so far. Do they have individual rings in 30mm in a medium to high height?
I know they sell individual tikka dovetail rings but I’m not sure if they make them high or not.

I know they sell individual tikka dovetail rings but I’m not sure if they make them high or not.
That might be the kicker then. I have an aftermarket barrel and a 50mm scope. 0.83" height rings probably won't work out well. Plus I'm done trying to get scopes as super low as possible.

OP
L

Lawnboi

WKR
That might be the kicker then. I have an aftermarket barrel and a 50mm scope. 0.83" height rings probably won't work out well. Plus I'm done trying to get scopes as super low as possible.
Probably not. Their 30mm (1.18”) size on my 223 is too tight on my carbon barreled rifle in my original post.

I do like the face that they clamp to the rail. All of our rings and picatinny rails are attached by only 4x 6-48 screws. Aren't those considered small and all the later R700 actions went to 8-40 threads because you can break 6-48s too easy?

edit:NVM you said that in your OP. Now you almost have me sold! Damn
I epoxy every thing that screws to an action without exception

I won’t talleys again, and had the Hawkins. Wasn’t a fan of the level cap and it not having a recoil lug
I didn't like the level cap on the Talley's. Jury is still out on the Hawkins. I might drill mine for a recoil pin. Even if I have to bed it in there.

I run
I didn't like the level cap on the Talley's. Jury is still out on the Hawkins. I might drill mine for a recoil pin. Even if I have to bed it in there.
I run a dnz 215 on one of my tikkas and I drilled into the bottom of the mount and used the back end of drill bit as a lug and bedded it into the mount itself. It seems to work well.

Well I managed to find one actually instock at opticsplanet and was only $200 after a black Friday coupon they had. I am really impressed and it fit up perfect. I thought your mount looked backwards @Lawnboi, but after trying it both ways I ended up with the clamping screws on the ejection port side.

So after making the journey thru
Talley's->Hawkins->Spuhr
I can say it was worth the upgrade. Just couldn't justify $200 to start, but just like putting a $30 knockoff bipod on a $2000 rifle, $50 talley's didn't do the $1500 scope justice. They work great on my old savage 110 and not knocking them at all, but the Spuhr is NICE.

OP
L

Lawnboi

WKR
Well I managed to find one actually instock at opticsplanet and was only $200 after a black Friday coupon they had. I am really impressed and it fit up perfect. I thought your mount looked backwards @Lawnboi, but after trying it both ways I ended up with the clamping screws on the ejection port side.

So after making the journey thru
Talley's->Hawkins->Spuhr
I can say it was worth the upgrade. Just couldn't justify $200 to start, but just like putting a $30 knockoff bipod on a $2000 rifle, $50 talley's didn't do the $1500 scope justice. They work great on my old savage 110 and not knocking them at all, but the Spuhr is NICE.
Let’s see it backwards. Seems the tactical mounts all clamp on the ejection port side but Iv only ever seen the hunting mounts like mine look.

Let’s see it backwards. Seems the tactical mounts all clamp on the ejection port side but Iv only ever seen the hunting mounts like mine look.
I went back to your OP and remembered if was the way the 45⁰ slant that seemed backwards. Now seeing it in person, it doesn't obstruct view of the elevation dial like I thought it might being behind the gun.

I did try it both ways but the clamp for the dove tail did end up on the non ejection port side.

I just replaced Sportsmatch HTO73s with the Spuhr hunting model. The fit is perfect with a 56 mm scope, and despite the super-solid one-piece construction, it’s only 28 grams heavier.

Simply an awesome mount.

IMG_6222.jpeg
IMG_6221.jpeg