Spypoint not transmitting

TTT

Lil-Rokslider
I have a new Link-Micro that just stopped transmitting after being out for five days. The log shows that the pics were sent. I turned it off & back on. A day later it transmitted again. It’s set up to send six times a day. Firmware was updated two weeks ago. Battery is good. Cell signal is always 90-100%. What am I missing? I’m new to the trail cam use.

My experience is that's normal. I have had two do that now.

I have 5, right now 2 are working.

Last time I got anywhere with customer support it took 2 hours, they sent me a new one.

That one was taking 3 pictures a minute once it for triggered even tho it was factory set to one picture a minute. Had it set behind the house and had to go turn it off to get it to stop sending. Once it was triggered it just kept taking pictures. Turned it off and on 3 different times in 3 different places. Same results. Once it gets triggered it just keeps taking pictures.

I'm ready to just pile them up and burn them.

I've got one that's been working reliably and one that's not. I won't be buying any more of them. I've got a bunch of cell links hooked to browning cameras, they've been working to varying degrees. Jury is still out as to the long term of those things, but they seem to work significantly better than the link micro's.

OP
T

TTT

Lil-Rokslider
It’s disappointing that reliability is an issue. The app is easy to use. Pics aren’t great but I just need to see what creatures are around & their habits. I’m considering switching to tactacam.

I've got one that's been working reliably and one that's not. I won't be buying any more of them. I've got a bunch of cell links hooked to browning cameras, they've been working to varying degrees. Jury is still out as to the long term of those things, but they seem to work significantly better than the link micro's.

I have a couple cell-links and they now sit unused. Was using on browning cams as well. One worked pretty well for about 5 months and the other never consistently worked well. I wonder if I didn't damage the cords in crimping closing the door. I bought spare cords to address this but I probably damaged them too.. I have a friend to dremeled out a little of the door to avoid pinching the cords. Eventually just said to hell with it because I was visiting cams more to trouble shoot than I would have been to pull SD cards. Browning has said it wont warranty cams used with one because of moisture intrusion.

As for the OP, welcome to cell-cams and more specifically, cheap cell cams. I've seen lots of people have these issues with link-micros. The link-dark and Link-s dark have both been good to me thus far but both retail(ed) for $300+. The link dark quit working after changing batteries last year and was fixed with a firmware update. It's gotta be at 10 or 11 months on that battery swap and due for another.. Not sure the Link s-dark will ever need batteries unless the volume picks up a bunch.

The cords are definitely a weak link, I've had one or 2 get damaged and fail. I got the dreaded "Disconnected cable" error on one today, I'm anticipating that its going to be a card that got pulled loose, its was working fine yesterday, got the error today. The concept is sound and simple, I'm hoping over time they can refine the programming to get the glitches out and make the cord situation a little more robust.
I dremeled out the doors on mine, I definitely crimped one cord prior to doing that.

I purchased [4] cell links and only [3] worked out of the box. The links are so intermittent with sending pictures that I don't even use them anymore. One Link Micro and it seems to work just fine.