Squeaky Crispis

OSUsmokey

Lil-Rokslider
Got to say I love my Wyomings now that I have a sheepfeet insole, but damn these are the squeakiest boots ever. I dont remember them squeaking on the first venture, but since then its every time. Im pretty sure if I needed to stalk an animal they might hear these. Anyone else experience this?

twall13

WKR
Mine get that way when they are dusty/dirty. Give them a good cleaning and it should help.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
OSUsmokey

OSUsmokey

Lil-Rokslider
Thats mostly what I thought it could be. I plan to scrub them down tonight after my training hike.

Could it be the insoles? I noticed my Salomons were squeaking on my right foot, and removed and replaced the insole (readjusted it), and the squeak went away.

Rock-o

WKR
Maybe a dumb question but did you treat the leather? My laces squeaked when rubbing on the tongue before treating. Didn't do it the first time I wore them.

OP
OSUsmokey

OSUsmokey

Lil-Rokslider
I'd suspect the insoles. I've had that experience with a few different types of boots.

Have aftermarket Sheep feet insoles in there. Ive worn them with the new insoles before without squeak. I still need to treat them and give them a good scrub down after my scouting trip this weekend.

twall13

WKR
When you do clean them don't forget to take the laces out and scrub the dust out of the laces as well.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

MeatBuck

WKR
My guide gtx do. I noticed it on left foot. I can’t say I noticed it before mink oil treatment but that’s been a while.
when u take one off look at where the laces leave marks on tongue. I think that contact point is the squeaky you hear.
Or at least the sqeeky that I hear.
D577CDEB-83C6-4085-AF3A-7AA6C665891F.jpeg

Brettboss

FNG
Mine did the same. I had a lot of noise where the laces go through the metal loops, Different material laces might help...? I switched to Kenetrek and have not had the problem....plus my feet are dry again!

Carrot Farmer

WKR
Classified Approved
Got to say I love my Wyomings now that I have a sheepfeet insole, but damn these are the squeakiest boots ever. I dont remember them squeaking on the first venture, but since then its every time. Im pretty sure if I needed to stalk an animal they might hear these. Anyone else experience this?

I just posted last night, about the same thing...on my Crispi Thors! I don’t remember them squeaking with original laces, but I bought a bunch of replacements off of Amazon.

Following.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk